It's On

i haven’t even registered yet… all this talk…makes me wanna eat ice cream…!!

meaning…

grace grace Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > meaning… taking someone’s advice …on enjoying summer :slight_smile:

theek hain …and congrats on making it to level 3 in your part of the world it is always summer isn’t it? (LOL) have you joined the local chapter ?

mumukada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i haven’t even registered yet… > > all this talk…makes me wanna eat ice cream…!! I am not going to register for awhile…if at all. Still on the fence about 2009.

mwvt9 Wrote: > I am not going to register for awhile…if at all. > Still on the fence about 2009. why is that?

I’m delaying my registration for as long as possible. It makes me feel like a free man.

its not to early to start. i figure if you start now now and do like 15 hr a week, you will be set come exam time

I plan to read through the CFA books casually during slow times at work through the end of the year. Come January it’s Schwesser all the way though.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > > I am not going to register for awhile…if at > all. > > Still on the fence about 2009. > > why is that? Still dealing with family health problems and some business stuff. Hoping for 2009, but it might not work out.

maratikus Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > > I am not going to register for awhile…if at > all. > > Still on the fence about 2009. > > why is that? Hi mwvt9 Got same question as marat. > why is that?

See previous page.

Sorry to hear that mwvt9. Hopefully things work out.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > See previous page. Hi …missed your reply by a minute… Got to know about this forum few months before the L2 exams. Though you started late but within few weeks you were able to post explanation on difficult concepts. That was really helpful to many of us on this forum. Thanks a lot for that. I wish things works out and you mange to appear and clear L3 exams in 2009.

Rakesh Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Hi …missed your reply by a minute… Got to know > about this forum few months before the L2 exams. > Though you started late but within few weeks you > were able to post explanation on difficult > concepts. That was really helpful to many of us on > this forum. Thanks a lot for that. I wish things > works out and you mange to appear and clear L3 > exams in 2009. Hey, thanks for the nice compliment Rakesh. I remember working through some stuff with you. I hope I can sit in 2009 too. I want to try to finish with everybody I have gone through this with…minus a couple of all-stars I can’t believe didn’t make it up here yet).

mwvt, thanks for sharing your situation. I remember reading about the family health problems earlier this year but I was hoping things got better. I’m glad that you prioritize the important things in your life and I will be cheering for you when you decide to take level III whether in 2009 or not.

I think I’ve had an asssss full of people telling others it’s useless to start early and to enjoy your lifes. I agree with Busprof all the way. Reading for 30 minutes a few times a week is far from life consuming, and if it helps him (and me for that matter) to comfortably pass L3, more power to you. I’m also trying to do a skim read of the text before January went I actually start studying. Anyway, that’s my mild rant for the day. Busprof and maritikus, I’m here with you as well for discussion on topics even if nay-sayers tell us we’re crazy.

mwvt9, I was really happy when you returned to AF in March after the bad news in December and delighted to see you passed. I hope we can pull it off again in 2009 and get this CFA thing over with… good luck buddy.

vanz1212 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I think I’ve had an asssss full of people telling > others it’s useless to start early and to enjoy > your lifes. I agree with Busprof all the way. > Reading for 30 minutes a few times a week is far > from life consuming, and if it helps him (and me > for that matter) to comfortably pass L3, more > power to you. I’m also trying to do a skim read > of the text before January went I actually start > studying. > > Anyway, that’s my mild rant for the day. Busprof > and maritikus, I’m here with you as well for > discussion on topics even if nay-sayers tell us > we’re crazy. Hear, hear. Especially since I’ve learned crud happens that is not according to your plan (job, family, whatevs). Plus why is everyone so resistant to spending an hour reading? The CFAI texts are not exactly speedreading material - ugh it’d be like torture to try and finish it all in Jan-April.

My commute on the subway is about 1 hour. I’m going to use that time to read the CFAI texts. However, I don’t plan to do that much heavy studying.