Jeans

I have 505s myself and some Gap and Banana Republic.

7 jeans for men are so gay. Especially the ones that have flaps on the pockets.

Anyone have any raw denim?

And didn’t I say fat people stay out ? Greenman this means you.

I’ve never paid anywhere near that for Sevens. Last 2 pairs I bought, one was $70 and the other was $25 (guessing this one was a pricing error), both from Saks Off 5th. I buy nice clothes but I’m also pretty keen on finding good deals. Last time I bought dress shoes I bought 2 pairs of Cole Haans at a buy one get one free sale, so I paid like $160 for 2 pairs of really nice dress shoes.

I have to say that most men dress terribly though.

UNIQLO!!!

Buffalo jeans

I cannot recall the last time I wore jeans, or a baseball cap for that matter.

If I had my druthers, I’d teach in shorts, t-shirt, and sandals (which I did for 20 years teaching mathematics); the hat’s a genuine Aussie cowboy hat (made in Minnetonka, MN). REI used to sell really nice shorts, but discontinued them. L.L.Bean sells pretty nice shorts, but the openings in the pockets are a tiny bit too small for my hands, and the hip pocket has Velcro (whereas REI’s had a zipper). Sigh.

I have about 5 or 6 pairs of Sevens, True religions, and Diesels that I never wear anymore. I’d prolly buy more diesels in the future though. When you’re 22 its really cool to rock these but I dont care much for it now, in fact its kinda try-hard. Honestly, I wear a lot of Guess jeans now because I like the fit, wash, colors, and they dont put anything trendy on the pockets. I think I normally spend about $100/pair.

http://shop.guess.com/en/Catalog/Browse/men/denim/

What matters most is how they fit, Im 6’4 and 195 lbs, so I like these for me, wear what fits your body best though. Someone on this board is a Japanese denim enthusist- try a search. Maybe rawraw (hence the name?). I think those are like $500/pair though… wack

Work= suit ($800-$900), shoes ($200-$350), tie ($50-$100), and shirts from Nordstrom’s rack, lol. Those are retail prices and I normally only pick stuff up on sale though- so like 20-30% less.

Anyone here get fully bespoke suits?

Diesel, 7 For All Man Kind, Prps, Ag Jeans and LRG.

Buy them shits at local boutiques or nordstroms online and have them shipped to a receiving service stateside and drive to pick it up to avoid paying taxes.

You can buy jeans at C21 for real cheap. You’ll have to surround yourself with the world’s scum, but nevertheless, you wil find good deals.

Whats the aversion to dropping coin on clothes? You guys sound like a bunch of tightfisted geeks, you work hard, likely have a high income, why not enjoy it?

I like high-quality clothes from good brands but that don’t have ostentatious labeling. I also wait for stuff to go on sale and have a pretty good sense as to when/where to shop (one nice thing about having covered consumer equities). “Value investing”…

jcrew all day, or jcrew factory. I get mine slim, but not punk rocker skinny. I’m a slim guy though.

e.g.

http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothing/pants_denim/denim_cords/PRDOVR~17739/17739.jsp

here’s a good style blog: http://stylegirlfriend.com/ (some stuff is more for college bros, but theres stuff for 25 and older crowd too.

I used to buy jeans from guess but they tend to loose their strech. I buy high label dresses as it is hard to find something nice in low range.

You got to learn the difference between guns and butter. There are two types of niggas, niggas with guns, and niggas with butter.

What are the guns? That’s the real estate, the stocks and bonds. Art work. Shit that appreciates with value.

What’s the butter? Cars, clothes, jewelry, all the bullshit that don’t mean shit after you buy it.

That’s what it’s all about: Guns and butter. Stupid muthafuckas!

I agree with you on this one. I like to buy high-quality clothes. I don’t pay extra for vanity, though.

I can buy a Roundtree and Yorke Gold Label oxford shirt for $55 at Dillards. (Think JCPenney, only somewhat nicer.) Or I can go to Brooks Brothers and buy the exact same shirt for about $95.

(Yes–they are literally made in the same factory in China with the same material and same pattern–only the labels are different.)

Some people take some joy in having “designer” clothes–e.g. Armani suits (when a Stafford will do) or a Saks Fifth Avenue tie (when a JCPenney one will do).

Personally, I think that’s a pretty shallow thing to find joy in. But hey–whatever floats your boat. It’s your money–spend it as you will.

It’s a real shame that anytime a topic is posted on this forum you have the same jerkoffs who take it off topic without fail. The title of this thread is “Jeans.” Yet you have the learning impaired talking about suits, shoes, and anything clothing related that has nothing to do with jeans.

I could make a thread about a sunset I witnessed and some jerkoff on this forum is going to post asking me if I believe in aliens or talk about how he played with Transformers as a kid or how NASA should fly to the moon again.

Completely idiotic.

witness the ones on Tattooine. They’re binary!

In fact, there’s a song about them called “Binary Sunset”, written by John Williams.

John Williams was underrated…Who is your favorite underrated artist?

Guys in skinny jeans just misunderstood the phrase “get into a girl’s pants”. Though, I don’t know what the excuse for a douche-neck T-shirt would be.

I’ve always wanted to ask this:

Who let the dogs out?