job market thoughts

So my question is, how are newbies going to be able to get a decent job in the future, when all these people with a lot more experience, educations and etc. than myself are losing jobs? Some will probably agree to take lower-level positions, same positions an entry level person would want in a few years time… Please tell me i’m wrong.

answer: with a great deal of difficulty

Well the current situation is just going to get worse. There are going to be a lot of people getting entry level financial analyst jobs with MBAs and CFAs and be making $65-$75K. Getting ridiculous!!

I think having a job in this job market is about the best thing you can do.

One of the ways is that if a lot of these same people start appearing in the HR boxes of every firm on the street, that’s how. Like other commodities, the value of an over supply of resumes in an already saturated market place causes their value to further plumet. Willy

Is today’s market general rally a signal of better job market to come?

AssetMgrWannabe Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is today’s market general rally a signal of better > job market to come? I like your innocence.

Answer: people switch industries from finance to marketing, real estate, consulting, government, etc. until supply equals demand.

Seems like Canada and Bay St will be joining the tough times soon. Bunch news out today, that Bank’s are very light on deals, and the Canadian economy and all our Oil is not invincible sadly.

Relocate to emerging markets where the supply is short.

2x2equals4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Relocate to emerging markets where the supply is > short. This is what I’m doing but then wages are quite low: €2000/month in singapore for an analyst position within sub of big French bank :frowning: still better than being unemployed …

not so bad. Singapore is a great place to live

I got tired of the glut of highly educated people in the Toronto Finance market so I split. If you are young and mobile seek out opportunity… if you can’t then you just have to deal with what you can get.

2x2equals4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > not so bad. Singapore is a great place to live how about cost of living ?? a friend of mine told me that I would just break even with this money …

from what I know, 6-7k monthly sing dollars is the average salary for mid-career professionals. The rent is your biggest expense. If you are lucky enough and find a cheap place to live, you will have a decent standard with the 2k euro kind of salary.

thanks a lot 2*2equals4 are you in singapor ? I’ll probably be there in june I still need some time (read contract, find about the area ect ect ) before accepting the offer.

pack your bags… start a business to comp for your low paying finance job… adapt my man…

singapore’s inflation is at an all-time high.

PMwannabe where did you go?

cfaprincess Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > singapore’s inflation is at an all-time high. I know that’s why I’m wondering if it’s a good deal…