Job Survey - What do you do?

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But > really it’s the exposure to managers that I’m > hoping will act as a segway to a true “PM # 3” > role some day. You mean exposure to guys like Bill Hill or Jeff Winstanely? haha sorry willy i couldnt resist…

nice one, stylemog btw what’s a segway?

It’s a personal transporter…as if you’ve never seen one buzzing around wallstreet, numi.

jr. equities trader at insitutional brokerage…love it, but hedging for the future.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It’s a personal transporter…as if you’ve never > seen one buzzing around wallstreet, numi. oh, like one of these…okay http://tyler.blogware.com/segway1.JPG

WillyR, just curious, but what is a PM #3? I often have a BM I like to call #2, but I’ve never heard of #3

Please don’t ask that…

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WillyR, just curious, but what is a PM #3? I often > have a BM I like to call #2, but I’ve never heard > of #3http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,615918,page=1

Right. Now I recall that topic. I didn’t realize that the euphemism “PM #3” was going to be thrown around the ring like it means something. A PM is a PM. The distinguishment between titles is annoying and simply rhetoric since we can title ourselves anything we want. At home my wife calls me Chairman, but that’s mostly because I like to sit in my chair. On this forum (anywhere, really) I would assume anyone who says the letters “PM” in general would be talking about buy side asset management. Asset management at a retail level is nearly a different field, and the management of different PMs for a retail shop is something else entirely. Free Willy.

Portfolio manager at small RIA. Yes, the CFA Charter has benefited me with a promotion and prospects of a higher income.

energy trading … failed cfa3 this year on first attempt… still wondering whether i should continue taking it

mcthorp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Right. Now I recall that topic. I didn’t realize > that the euphemism “PM #3” was going to be thrown > around the ring like it means something. A PM is a > PM. The distinguishment between titles is annoying > and simply rhetoric since we can title ourselves > anything we want. At home my wife calls me > Chairman, but that’s mostly because I like to sit > in my chair. On this forum (anywhere, really) I > would assume anyone who says the letters “PM” in > general would be talking about buy side asset > management. Asset management at a retail level is > nearly a different field, and the management of > different PMs for a retail shop is something else > entirely. > > Free Willy. Call me anything except Late for Dinner.

Analyst, Asset Management - Healthcare REIT

As in Healthcare REIT, Inc.? Or another healthcare REIT?

KJH, We have just about $2.5 Billion AUM. Willy

WillyR - What’s the head count at your shop?

We’re about 25 or so all in. But really it’s just me and the chief investment officer who have anything inside our heads. Sometimes my colleagues just kill me to Willy

25? Is that mostly salesmen, their assistants and support roles then? That seems like a lot for $2.5B.

Gigolo. Good times, but can be exhausting work as she’s a real firecracker… Perhaps the CFA will give me the tools to wisely invest my hard earned income. Good luck.

“Hard earned income.” Interesting choice of words. How’d you land that gig, gigolo?