Job Survey - What do you do?

1 - El Presidente [CEO] 1 - Chief Investment Officer…nice guy…smart guy…bit of a wuss. 1 - Chief Investment Strategiest…this guy is cool…it’s gotta be sweet not being licensed sometimes. 1- Senior PM [me] 3 - Wholesalers…these people are useless 3 - Inside sales staff…these people are even MORE useless but don’t have expense accounts so on a relative value basis you get more actual production here. 2 - Compliance people: a “manager” and a real Lawyer who is a king kong super mega b Iatch. 3 - Analysts who thing the world is out to get them and are so micro that they really don’t see the bigger picture of the business whatsoever and just want to rush home to play in some ridiculous floor hockey tourney started by a group of their NON high school educated “thug” friends. 1 - VP of Sales…he’s useless and just bullies people who DON’T know what they are doing and begs people who DO know what they are doing to get stuff done. 1- VP of Products, a baby boomer Cougar of about 50 years old who is totally useless given her pay grade and is plainly and simply a hired spell check and grammar check as far as I am concerned. 1 - Executive assistant…she’s smoking hot…just georgeous…hair that you just want to fall in love with and caress…about 100 Lbs., soaking wet…works out like all the time, deep passionate bedroom eyes, full kissable lips…looks like her kisses would just make you melt…hubba hubba. 1- Marketing person…about 200 Lbs., of trouble…SHE is…lol…what a hammer…so phony I just want to reach out and smack her…that said…she is so obviously seX ual ly repressed that I almost feel tempted to ask her out just to make her toes curl again. 4/5 - Tech support people. They just suck…you have to call them several times a DAY just for them to come over and when they do they blamed EVERYTHING on some errant “server” in Tim Buck Six. Willy

The choice of words were by design… These types of gigs are out there…but you need to be an expert in the field to land a good one. As far as how I scored… I can only speculate, but i do know that in this line of work the hiring party wants to make sure the candidate is a good fit…so the size of my personality must have played a significant role. I just laid it all on the line and the rest was history. Good luck.

Sorry…am having a rough week…grrr. Willy

Willy, Funny! I am impressed with small shops though on how they can run lean. When I interned in a corporation, it was like office space; “In a given week, I probably did about 15 minutes of actual work!” So much red tape for EVERYTHING!

willy, your description of your firms executive assistant is priceless.

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1 - El Presidente > 1 - Chief Investment Officer…nice guy…smart > guy…bit of a wuss. > 1 - Chief Investment Strategiest…this guy is > cool…it’s gotta be sweet not being licensed > sometimes. > 1- Senior PM > 3 - Wholesalers…these people are useless > 3 - Inside sales staff…these people are even > MORE useless but don’t have expense accounts so on > a relative value basis you get more actual > production here. > 2 - Compliance people: a “manager” and a real > Lawyer who is a king kong super mega b Iatch. > 3 - Analysts who thing the world is out to get > them and are so micro that they really don’t see > the bigger picture of the business whatsoever and > just want to rush home to play in some ridiculous > floor hockey tourney started by a group of their > NON high school educated “thug” friends. > 1 - VP of Sales…he’s useless and just bullies > people who DON’T know what they are doing and begs > people who DO know what they are doing to get > stuff done. > 1- VP of Products, a baby boomer Cougar of about > 50 years old who is totally useless given her pay > grade and is plainly and simply a hired spell > check and grammar check as far as I am concerned. > 1 - Executive assistant…she’s smoking > hot…just georgeous…hair that you just want to > fall in love with and caress…about 100 Lbs., > soaking wet…works out like all the time, deep > passionate bedroom eyes, full kissable > lips…looks like her kisses would just make you > melt…hubba hubba. > 1- Marketing person…about 200 Lbs., of > trouble…SHE is…lol…what a hammer…so phony > I just want to reach out and smack her…that > said…she is so obviously seX ual ly repressed > that I almost feel tempted to ask her out just to > make her toes curl again. > 4/5 - Tech support people. They just suck…you > have to call them several times a DAY just for > them to come over and when they do they blamed > EVERYTHING on some errant “server” in Tim Buck > Six. > > Willy haha…this is a really great company description (no sarcasm this time). must either be really fun or really crazy working here

That was the best thing I’ve read all day…well that and the new Reg D proposals. I’m a transfer agent/new business guy, great experience with the inter-workings of Pub Co’s. Former R.Rep, writing for level 1 in June, the CFA makes the series 7 look like a driving manual. JM

I find that of all the outlets for stress I have at my disposal gents, vividly accentuating the truth is the most productive. Willy

Willy, On a serious note, is there any chance of restructuring the ‘worthless’ people? I mean, being the PM you must have some pull to the CEO. Our CEO always prides himself that he has no ‘fat’ at his firm. Our accountant was let go for this reason. A new duty I have because of that is revenue forcasting. So, is it time to call in the Bobs for some consulting? Or was most of your description in good humor?

Well our CEO is a great great General Manager. From a corporate perspective, that’s really the kind of guy you want to have in charge of the company broadly. However, he’s not really an investment manager and a lot of my suggestions to him, which really are investment related go in on ear and out the other. But that’s not a fault of him as a person, he’s just barely 38 years old, which for a CEO is IMHO really young. I am 30 myself and the good thing about working at a small firm is that there is really only one or two layers between me and the CEO gig [not that I want it]…I would like to top at as SVP Investments or CIO. The CEO takes the fall for everything and has some much running around at my firm. Like Somedays I think that I sleep with my blueberry…until I met our firm’s CEO I had no idea. Willy

I circumcise elephants. The job sucks, but the tips are great!!!

assistant regional manager…ok ok, assistant TO the regional manager.