June CFA Level II Challenge

I don’t really agree with this method. Some readings are so short, whereas others are so long… FRA is 15-25% of the test, 3 study sessions, but there are only 8 readings, and that is 450 pages… Good luck understanding all of that in 8 days. It makes much more sense to me to do X number of pages per day/week. This would average out the varying lengths of the reading, which seems interesting when they can vary from 20-70 pages. At least that’s what I’m doing. I’m only 500 pages in, but my goal is ~35 pages per day, ~250/week, so I will be done in 80 more days, leaving 35 to review/practice.

Puca, I’ve been doing some of the EOC, but not religiously. I did most of the ones under the quant section, but none yet for FRA. I should finish that section tonight or tomorrow, and I plan on doing the EOC’s for them on the weekend. I’m actually taking pretty detailed notes during the reading too. This way I actually make sure I know what I’m reading, and then when I finish everything in April, I can go back and review the notes to make it go a little faster. Moving through a reading takes forever, but I feel like I’m getting the material.

Im in! i dont think thats going fast or anything and might be an effective strategy for some…and some readings may take more than 1 day and some less than one so u can get on with the next one. I started with FRA on Feb 09. the challenge is “7/week”

I am more like a quality than quantity guy, so will pass on the challenge. Do post how you guys are doing though.

vyadagiri Danny Boy sky is the limit grumble Lothario samakh Please post on Monday the readings you did during the previous week (sky is the limit is starting next week). I will do my best to keep track of them. Good luck to all. I know that this has already given me motivation to keep up. I’m a bit worried I’ll fail by next week, but I’m going to spend all weekend trying to catch up to this week and make headway for next. This is a brutal schedule, but there’s not much time until the exam. I’d rather get it on my first attempt than receive an 8-10 because of lack of preparation. Others are free to join later, but once you’re in, you’re in.

I started on Feb 7th with Quant. Iam using schwweser notes, videos, cfai EOC. I want to knock off Quant, Economics, PM and Alt asst first then move onto FRA, CF, Equity, derv etc. Probably I will succeed first 2,3 weeks and fail on 3rd or 4th week but will be on track with avg # of readings per week. Will C ya on sunday nite.

This is an interesting challenge, I am in Danny Boy! This was my goal for level 1, which I couldn’t keep up with, but, it doesn’t hurt to try again. I’ll start from Monday, need these last few days to recharge my batteries :slight_smile: BTW where are you planning to study from? CFA books or Schweser? Thanks! GL all!

Perfect, I am following the same route…

Here is a better approach… www.qc4blog.com/?p=905 W

I have finished R 11-13 and 47-52 this week.

please clear abt the challenge details. Only Schwser reading or, Schsweser Questions and Text EOC questions. i am doing just reading with examples in schwser. Plan to start the challenge from tomo.

Congrats vyadagiri! Waiting to hear others’ results.

Started on feb 09…Done with Reading#21-23 & Reading# 14-18 (schweser only)

This week was reading 23-28, inclusive. I’m finishing 29 now, don’t know if that counts. 6 without counting 29, 7 with counting. I’ll note that those readings included a lot of hell. pension accounting, foreign currency transactions, intercorporate investments, financial analysis…

It counts - nice job grumble and samakh!!!

I’m done with my readings for the week. I did readings 1-9. Reading 2 was really long. The pressure is off for this week coz I have 2 readings in hand and Reading 10 is really short. I hear QM is really hard so I might go a little slower there.

You guys are nuts! I’m doing 1-2 readings per week and then will take 30 days to review and do exams… no way i’m going faster than that!

I am still in, 50 readings left now. Will post my progress on Mondays :slight_smile:

Nice job Lothario and sitl!

I’m taking the CAIA Level II March 4th, but will start the challenge on March 8th, only Schweser and EOC questions while working full time… we’ll see :slight_smile: