Just curious: Youngest to complete all 3 levels?

Like I say, just curious. I understand that passing the levels is not the be all and end all, and you need industry experience, but still, I would be interested to see if there are any 22 year olds (or maybe younger) who have done and dusted all 3 levels (probably consecutively). I’m 21, just finished Uni, and I’ll be taking CFA 1 in London, December. Maybe I’ll try and crack all 3 in a row - although if I ever get a job that might become a little tricky!

the shortest time you can take all the tests is 18 months. I suppose someone who graduates college at 18 or something could get it done before 20.

Yep. That is the earliest I know of. Friggin Brainiac.

Youngest person I’ve ever actually met passed all 3 at age 23. But couldn’t get the charter until 24 due to work experience criteria. What was more impressive was he actually did it when lvl 1 was offered only once a year, thus his shortest possible time was limited at 24 months. But actually becoming a charterholder at age 24 is pretty damn impressive.

I believe there was a dude who did it at age 18 or 19 from India. Someone had a link a while back. Even if I passed, earliest I touch the charter is 25/26ish. I started at age 21. Dang 4 yrs work exp.

why dont you try passing level 1 first before you even bother asking this question. you have no idea what you are up against. have you even started studying or are you just talking out of your ass.

chill out

must be asian sorry sorry

guest123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Like I say, just curious. I understand that > passing the levels is not the be all and end all, > and you need industry experience, but still, I > would be interested to see if there are any 22 > year olds (or maybe younger) who have done and > dusted all 3 levels (probably consecutively). Yes, there were quite a few 22 yr olds who wrote L III on our board in June. That being said, none of us know if we passed yet. Stop scheming about how fast you can do CFA exams and start studying and finding a job.

One of my former sell-side colleagues passed Level III at age 23. He passed Levels I and II during his first full year of work, and passed Level III the year after. It was pretty impressive that he had such willpower to pursue the CFA charter, much unlike the quitters out there such as myself.

guest123 - welcome! You prefaced your post well… just curious. I’m curious too- would be interesting to here an anecdote from someone who personally knows someone in this camp. I take no issues w/ you setting yourself a tall goal to reach… good luck studying!! Don’t worry about aic. That was quite a rude reaction on his part- but no worries, he does have a good reason to have a chip on his shoulder after all. (this is where you acquaint yourself with the “search” function) aic Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > why dont you try passing level 1 first before you > even bother asking this question. you have no > idea what you are up against. have you even > started studying or are you just talking out of > your ass.

http://cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/advantage/06nov/chr_pro.html

I didn’t even know what a CFA charter or a hedge fund was this time last year when I was 26.75 years old. I wish I knew earlier… :frowning:

After what aic said, I think I did get the tone of my post wrong - I made out as if I would memorise the immense CFA material no problem. I’ve made a start on my revision, still early days, and I would say there is at least as much to learn here (for level 1 only!) as there was for me in my final year at uni. Im_Awesome; that answers my question, thanks.

There are way too many overly confident people in this world and I think they need to be put in their place soemtimes. If no one else is going to do it, I will. I just tell it like it is. Yes. Please use the search function and read through all my posts. Maybe you will learn something.

since when does the statement : “Maybe I’ll try and crack all 3 in a row” display overconfidence. He never said the exam was easy; would you prefer he said “maybe I’ll pass all 3 in 5 year”?? Seriously, there are way too many overly defensive people in this world and I think they need to be put in their place sometimes. There is a difference between goal seeking and arrogance. I think his post was free of the latter.

lol yeah people hype stuff up too much

Think I will take the ny state bar exam next weekend and if we dont get beach weather for a while, I will take the medical boards.

i’m really not sure what some 22 yr old who has not even saved their first 10k, or dealt with org politics, or experienced their first job / career change, or marriage, or parenthood, or home ownership, or led a large team of differently abled/skilled individuals, etc etc. could possibly gain out of the L3 exam. sure, they may pass it, but they’ll have no context on so much stuff. ok, L1 and L2 is mostly theoretical, so anyone can learn this stuff, hard as it may be. But L3 is a very rich, complex, subjective set of materials which require a lot of thought and insight to really master. ideally, if you don’t care about doing all 3 together, i’d do L1 and L2 early, work 4 years, and take L3 when you’re eligible for the charter. you’d get so much more out of L3.

good for you- note you forgot the word “try” and correctly failed to mention “pass”. You can read anything you want into ppls’s statements… you can take whatever you want. If he was really just being arrogant- he would have learned his lesson quickly. No need to mouth off at him.