Just got accepted to B School.

I applied to two business schools. Today I was informed that I have been accepted to one of them. This just made my day/year. Since I got laid off, I was betting the farm that everything would work out pending I got into business school. I have tax job to hold me over Jan - April, and then I’ll probably have to crawl back to the bartending job that I have worked at since college until August. This board has helped me through a lot of the application, GMAT, and general advice along the way. Thank you everyone. I more than likely will attend Opus College of Business through the University of St. Thomas next fall. Carlson School of Management through University of MN is still pending. http://www.stthomas.edu/business/degrees/ustmba/fulltimemba/?WT.mc_id=ocb8079redir

Congrats

Are you the only person in the world who said “Well, I guess it’s either Minneapolis or St.Thomas next year”?

Congrats buddy!

St. Thomas is in Minneapolis likewise. U of M and St. Thomas are both fine schools. U of M is better recognized outside of MN than St. Thomas is thought. For personal reasons I want to remain in my home region. Had both schools denied me, I may have cast a broader net elsewhere.

Congratulations

Congratulations! Well-deserved…now you can really celebrate the holidays with much to be happy and grateful for.

Now all we need is a pass for level 1 ditchdigger. Would you write level 2 in June 09 if you passed?

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Now all we need is a pass for level 1 ditchdigger. > Would you write level 2 in June 09 if you passed? I sure would. I would be greatly surprised if I had failed. Level II while working in taxes will be rough around March, but the time off after should suffice for adequate time to pass.

Nicely done… digger…congratulations I’d suggest checking in with alumni, current students on how to make the most of it. Some of us might be able to help with some general advice.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Are you the only person in the world who said > “Well, I guess it’s either Minneapolis or > St.Thomas next year”? lol

Congrats.

Congratulations

Congrats! you’re probably feeling alot better now.

Congrats from a Carlson grad.

berry good job!

ditch you’re the feel good stroy of the week for me - your girl story and now B. School. congrats man! (still think you should have gotten dirty with her - hope that’s to come!) ps - where did you get laid off from? I’m from Canada and we have not had nearly the fin’l industry layoffs that you all have seen in the US.

I was laid off from an asset manager in Minneapolis. Due to the staggering economy, the AUM dropped substantially. That coupled with the amount of panic selling I saw caused the small firm to take a big hit. I was told on my way out that if things did not improve, the firm would cease to exist by year end. The girl wants to go out for drinks tonight, let’s see where that leads ;-).

How small? Hedge fund? Owned by a larger company or stand alone? Famous founder frequently in the media? Founder recently die? Named after a piece of south Minneapolis geography?

It was a stand alone RIA. Not a hedge fund. None of the above.