Just got my Level III stuff from the CFAI delivered.

You lucky bas turds!

I got an email. When I sign on it says have not been shipped. Check your email.

Damn this is a nerdy thread haha

JustPass: I would like for to carefully verify Reading 20 for me and compare the content with this article that I found on the CFAI website. It seems to be the new reating they add. I just want to confirm that because I am going to register in January and want to start sometime in October. Thanks http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/faj.v62.n1.4061

JustPass: What the heck? you just hire in the L3, therefore, you need to do all of the the dirty works :slight_smile: just kiddy. Anyway, would you take a look at reading 20 for me and compare it with this article that I have found in the CFAI website? http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/faj.v62.n1.4061 I need that dude

I got my Tracking number yesterday, and just looked on the UPS website, my books are currently near South America on a freighter heading to Antarctica…sure hope they get here (Canada) by June 09. Maybe the captain from the freighter can send me one of the included postcards.

How many books are there? 6? How many pages in total approximately is the material? 3,000 pages?

It better not be the exact same books as 2008 Does anyone know?

brown978 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got my Tracking number yesterday, and just > looked on the UPS website, my books are currently > near South America on a freighter heading to > Antarctica…sure hope they get here (Canada) by > June 09. > > Maybe the captain from the freighter can send me > one of the included postcards. My first crack in Level 1, my books were supposed to come to Vancouver, Canada and they ended up in the Caymen Islands. It took me a month to get my books to me. They finally caved and sent me a whole new shipment which took about three days to get to me. The UPS tracking said the originals were still in the Caymen Islands and bang, two days later the original shipment finally showed up. They told me to keep them because it would have been too costly for them to get them picked up and shipped back.

No way it’s 3000 pages, I’m looking at them now. They’re TINY compared to the CFAi texts for LI and LII. Now I do realize this will be an extremely difficult test, noone is debating that. I’m just saying the size of the books is encouraging. I mean, I don’t know whether to read them or bottle feed these babies.

Finally some good news.

Yep, first book is approx. 220 pages, and I’d say the books average from 220-330 pages just glancing at them. So we’re looking at approximately half the pages as LII CFAi material. The postcards have a few new ones and a few old ones, I thought last year’s were funnier, and the CFA promotional packet is the same.

> we’re looking at approximately half the pages as LII CFAi material I would be so glad to agree with you. Unfortunately, the size of the box begs to differ. Or, more appropriately, is does not differ from LII too much.

I think I remember L2 box being 19 pounds & now the L3 box is only 13 pounds. That is encouraging. If each book is only 220-330 pages, that’s about the same number of pages as Schweser for L2. Does anybody know how long the Schweser notes are for L3?

I counted about 2000 pages, probably a couple hundred less if you take out all the practice questions…

also Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > we’re looking at approximately half the pages as > LII CFAi material > I would be so glad to agree with you. > > Unfortunately, the size of the box begs to differ. > Or, more appropriately, is does not differ from > LII too much. The weight is 13.7 vs approx 20 lbs for L2, the pages come out to i found about 1800 whereas for LII I had about 3200 pages. The reason box size doesn’t seem to be proportionately 50% smaller is because you have things like the box itself, appendixes (answers, indexes, giant glossery) in every book that add total size but not material requirements. I’m not lying, I studied using exclusively CFAi texts for LI and LII, so believe me, I know the CFAi texts pretty well.

Black Swan, vanz1212, you’re right, I think I just had a really good rest and so don’t remember the size of LII bricks. I guess LIII is a mile wide and 13.7lb deep.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > also Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > we’re looking at approximately half the pages > as > > LII CFAi material > > I would be so glad to agree with you. > > > > Unfortunately, the size of the box begs to > differ. > > Or, more appropriately, is does not differ from > > LII too much. > > > The weight is 13.7 vs approx 20 lbs for L2, the > pages come out to i found about 1800 whereas for > LII I had about 3200 pages. The reason box size > doesn’t seem to be proportionately 50% smaller is > because you have things like the box itself, > appendixes (answers, indexes, giant glossery) in > every book that add total size but not material > requirements. I’m not lying, I studied using > exclusively CFAi texts for LI and LII, so believe > me, I know the CFAi texts pretty well. Thanks for the analysis Black Swan! Interesting…I might not need the Schweser notes anymore then.

Wow, this is too much info one should know about the CFA exam . You are committed :slight_smile: “The weight is 13.7 vs approx 20 lbs for L2”

Hey JustPass, I started registering @ 8:30 am also on the 19th – when i saw that link i figured i passed lol