Kap is now the face of Nike

I’ve been to a few spots recently that have stopped serving Coors and Miller for the same reason. They’re free to do it of course, though I’m not sure that level of activism matters or is even beneficial to their business, even if they are in blue cities.

Just as I don’t understand the military/flag uproar about a guy simply kneeling down in protest in a “free” country, while a president is stoking the fire with LePen-like tactics. To much of those fervently opposed, do you, personally, really care all that much?

I think Nike is being strategic. From a 30 foot view, they’re more forcefully aligning themselves with changing global demographics. Losing a few in the US shorter term is inconsequential.

One of Nike’s findings (and they obviously conducted rigorous marketing research) was that people who disapproved of the flag kneeling behavior cared with a much lower intensity than people who approved of it. So, even if a majority of people disapproved of this behavior, to many, it is just a lukewarm reaction.

^ this. i’m not american but i do think the kneeling is disrespectful to the country and his employer and if the league/employer says you should stand and you’re paid to stand, stand. just because you have somewhat unique talent doesn’t mean you get to a be a little $hit. but i don’t really care as it doesn’t really affect me and won’t be switching to new baluns as a result.

How did you come to the determination that kneeling is disrespectful to the US? Kneeling isn’t at all related to the country, I don’t think the founding fathers had an opinion on kneeling vs. standing. Would it help for you to know that a veteran is the one that suggested to Kap that he knelt? That it is generally deemed as a respectful action? It didn’t become disrespectful until a black man started doing it.

This is similar to what Nassim Taleb wrote about minorities imposing their wills because no one cared about small details, a good read

https://medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15

https://abc7chicago.com/police-officer-violated-policy-when-he-used-taser-on-child/4156871/

Officer Brown: “You know what sweetheart? This is why there aren’t any grocery stores in the black community, because of all of this going on.”

*shrugs*

Maybe we listen to Colin and not the snowflakes who fill their diaper if you’re not supporting America with every breath.

it is disrespectful because it is not the most respectful way of doing it. it’s like keeping your hat on during the anthem. does it mean you piss on america? no, but it isn’t the most respectful you can be. i care more about disrespecting the employer/league to be honest. but also like i said, i don’t really care enough to discuss it further than that. who watches football anyway?

Is there really a need to discuss whether not standing during a national anthem is unpatriotic?

Respect the office, respect your boss, respect the police, respect the troops, respect… How about you respect yourself and stop being such a bootlicker lmao am i right.

Buttlicker, our prices have never been lower!

I tried that route but there isn’t much to say because the players aren’t saying much.

all the kids these days eat @$$ - its like standard hookup maneuver it seems these days. calling someone a buttlicker isnt even an insult for them… it would be like calling someone an oxygen breather. different times… cant these children learn the subtle joys of waiting until marriage???

who does that? talk about self degradation. Fappers been programed to do disgusting things and think it’s healthy sexual behavior.

I like to bury my face in my gfs ass

^ I like to bury my face in your gfs ass too!!!

turd just doesnt understand young people & blames it on a moral failing. what a played out line thats used & abused from those born again Christian types.

next he’ll tell them to pull up their pants & stop getting face tattoos…