killing two birds with one stone

Hi guys, I wanted to know if there are other designations that have similar content of study like the CFA. If the market stays this way, i am planning to commit to just study full time and so was wondering if there also other exams i could take that have similar material and that way earn an extra designation without having to study totally new material…i was thinking cfp, cpa… (fyi: fresh out of college with a finance degree and NO JOB :frowning: )any experienced person out there?

FRM and CAIA apparently have some overlap with CFA. Of course, they go deeper into their respective specializations.

professional investment management purchaser is a good one

how about studying for the personality and charm exam?

I’ve never done it, but I’m hearing good things. I heard it’s a proven way to get free pending underwriting sell side yield. But don’t quote me on that. EDIT: this is a reply to skip’s post

Dude, you are funny! Just fresh out of college and you sounded pretty lazy to me already. There is no such designation comparable to CFA in terms of content and prestige for now.

fresh meat!!!

CFA>MD PhD

u need to try killing one bird with one stone first…then cleaning cutting/seasoning and cooking …only after it is served can we tell u how to kill two birds with one stone ancient mayan saying

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > u need to try killing one bird with one stone > first…then cleaning cutting/seasoning and > cooking …only after it is served can we > tell u how to kill two birds with one stone > > > ancient mayan saying Excellent point pimp. Along those lines, has anyone here ever even tried killing two birds with one stone? I haven’t, but I have tried killing one bird with one stone and it’s f’ing hard. Birds that are killable with a stone that you can throw pretty hard are generally pretty small and quick and are hard to hit. The birds that are comparatively larger and slower require a bigger stone that is hard to throw and requires you to get a lot closer. Needless to say, it you hit one of those bigger birds but don’t manage to kill them, they get pretty pissed and can really mess you up. I have to think trying to kill two of them with one stone would be exponentially harder, although I guess technically you could kill one, pick up the stone, and kill another one at a later date using the same stone. Presumably the experience you gain from killing the first one would making killing the second one a little easier.

Actually, it is killing a bird with a stone, not “by throwing the stone”. On the bigger ones, you throw it pretty good, get them knocked to the ground, the beat them senseless with the stone. It will work. Dont forget to smash the head.

But as I learned from many video games, unless the body explodes, the final boss might not be dead yet.

Boris would kill them both and we would never seen the bodies again.

^ Oops. I meant “see”.

Is there any way you could perhaps try tricking the bird into eating the stone? It may not kill it, but it would definitely present a health risk to the bird. Then, as stated, you could reuse that stone.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there any way you could perhaps try tricking > the bird into eating the stone? It may not kill > it, but it would definitely present a health risk > to the bird. Then, as stated, you could reuse > that stone. Don’t birds eat stones on purpose to help grind food in their stomachs, or is that cows?

the trick is to paint a mountain to look like a scenic overlook so that birds fly into it, effectively killing them. the mountain is made of stone to satisfy the criteria of the killing object and by painting the scenic overlook you become the actuator of the event satisfying the intent criteria.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the trick is to paint a mountain to look like a > scenic overlook so that birds fly into it, > effectively killing them. the mountain is made of > stone to satisfy the criteria of the killing > object and by painting the scenic overlook you > become the actuator of the event satisfying the > intent criteria. Pure genius. This is why I continue to return to AF despite my own feeble mind.

mar350 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > the trick is to paint a mountain to look like a > scenic overlook so that birds fly into it, > effectively killing them. the mountain is made of > stone to satisfy the criteria of the killing > object and by painting the scenic overlook you > become the actuator of the event satisfying the > intent criteria. Genius indeed given this is an original idea…this can actually kill hundreds of bird! You are hired my friend!!

thanks - i got the idea from watching the Wile E. Coyote vs Roadrunner cartoons w/ my nephew. dropping anvils on them would also work, but only if they were made of stone.