L2 Repeaters Roll Call

Have you studied more this year? If yes are you feeling more confident? I for one did not study as hard and am not as confident… :frowning: I am starting to think 3rd time might be the charm…

I was a lot more confident last year.

I put in about the same time except I took this whole week off which i didnt do last year (only 3days) My scores are higher, I was getting a lot of sub 70 scores last year and never hit the 75-80 I am getting now for Book 6. overall I think my chances are better but i’m not killing it like I thought i would be.

More this year No, because i know how hard the real thing is I will be so ashamed if I have to take this again

jpm351, are you Japanese?

no - what gave you that impression?

I’m so curious about why you asked if he’s Japanese

Same amount of time this year but waaaay more focused. Scores are higher and I have a grip on what are my truly weak areas but will I pass…I haven’t clue

“I was a lot more confident last year.” I genuinely believe that if I was going to pass, it would have been last year. I had the three major topics down cold (equity, FSA and ethics) as well as a handle on the other topics. I really was surprised by the test, both in its simplicity and its out-of-left-fieldedness and I really dont see how I have a “better” shot this year. I do not have nearly the firm grasp on those three topics this year.

spent a looooot more time this year practice exam scores have been much better feel more confident about what i know hate them for having added new sections hoping to pass - failing is just not an option…

“I was a lot more confident last year.” Agreed…I’m effed. My confidence went from decent last Thursday to the point last night that I may not show up Saturday.

Turkizzle, where’s the debauchery going down post exam??? Casp, I can’t agree with you more my friend…

For some reason, it looks like Cheval is back on…I think all the repeaters want to act like it’s June 2007 or even 2006. Some organized Level III candidate has the bottle service and the corner of the patio locked up. Myself, I may head to the maddy…19 year olds just seem right after 6 hours of getting my a$$ handed to me.

i’m like rich franklin fighting anderson silva for the 2nd time. first time out i was confident in my abilities but i got my ass kicked. going into the 2nd fight, i know i improved but i realize how dynamic silva can be so expecting the unexpected lowers my confidence i studied a lot less than last year

i just realized that my analogy is a bad omen

Same thing for me. “I was a lot more confident last year.” Is the test harder this year? I just seem overwhelmed; last year I thought I was money and came really close. I really don’t get it. I got above 70 on both the FSA and Equity last year and I don’t think I can come close to that this year… Sucks. Still have 4 days…

mark@dirtbags Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Same thing for me. > > “I was a lot more confident last year.” > > Is the test harder this year? I just seem > overwhelmed; last year I thought I was money and > came really close. > > I really don’t get it. I got above 70 on both the > FSA and Equity last year and I don’t think I can > come close to that this year… > > Sucks. Still have 4 days… Dude you got over 70 in FSA & Equity! try getting over 70 in FSA, Equity, Ethics, Quant, and Econ (5 of 8) and still failing… Edit: it was quant not corp. fin, I don’t think there was corp. finance on there last year…or the breakdown did not have one anyway

> Dude you got over 70 in FSA & Equity! try getting > over 70 in FSA, Equity, Ethics, Corp. Fin, and > Econ and still failing… wow that’s crazy. did you request a recount?

I thought my chances were pretty good last year, but like many my hopes were crushed like zimzim trying to score a date. I took more mocks this year and was finished with the material earlier, but this little voice in the back of my head would tell me how much I studied last year and still failed. I wish I could say that motivated me more, but my reaction is more like, “it doesn’t matter”. Off to take CFAI Mock #2

Slash Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Dude you got over 70 in FSA & Equity! try > getting > > over 70 in FSA, Equity, Ethics, Corp. Fin, and > > Econ and still failing… > > wow that’s crazy. did you request a recount? I should have but did not… I heard they never change the pass / fail either way, but I should have for sure…oh well…I figured I was so borderline it was not even funny…I was probably on the top 10 below the curve line…I think it would have been up to 1-2 questions…maybe I can be on the other side of the line this year…I sure hope so …