Laser eye surgery

Any one get it? How was your recovery like? I am scheduling mine for next month.

sub, installing laser-beam eyes is indeed the best thing you could do in your quest to become a starcraft super-nerd ready to battle intergallactic villains, and will put a final touch of excellence to your costume: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xx-cpklCe9o6rysLbYW5F8p2ZODXEe6hAm5tNR6bVfoZyk4-&t=1 i predict you’ll get laid soon!

Had it 6 years ago. Make sure they check the size of your pupils. If they are large like mine you get to experience starbursts around lights. Overall I’m happy though - it’s only at night that it’s an issue, and by now it’s either gotten better or I just got used to it.

@monger187 Thanks for the info! @Mobius Striptease It doesn’t load but I’m sure it’s excellent. BTW, I haven’t played Starcraft in a few weeks since I got sick of it and I got a job offer in technology consulting. :slight_smile:

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sub, > installing laser-beam eyes is indeed the best > thing you could do in your quest to become a > starcraft super-nerd ready to battle > intergallactic villains, and will put a final > touch of excellence to your costume: > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xx-cpkl > Ce9o6rysLbYW5F8p2ZODXEe6hAm5tNR6bVfoZyk4-&t=1 > > i predict you’ll get laid soon! +1000

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius Striptease Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sub, > > installing laser-beam eyes is indeed the best > > thing you could do in your quest to become a > > starcraft super-nerd ready to battle > > intergallactic villains, and will put a final > > touch of excellence to your costume: > > > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xx-cpkl > > > Ce9o6rysLbYW5F8p2ZODXEe6hAm5tNR6bVfoZyk4-&t=1 > > > > i predict you’ll get laid soon! > > +1000 -1001

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BTW, I haven’t played Starcraft in a few weeks > since I got sick of it and I got a job offer in > technology consulting. :slight_smile: congrats on the job offer and good luck! im glad you’re evolving from a scary supernerd into a young professional, it is a positive change :slight_smile:

Do you want to hear some horror stories about Lasik gone bad? Might put you in the right spirits before you go for your surgery.

@ marcus phoenix haha, there is always a nonzero chance that things go bad and i go blind (in which case i have to wait for bionic eyes, haha). i was more interested in the vast majority and how people were able to get back to work and life. @ Mobius Striptease thanks!

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sub, > installing laser-beam eyes is indeed the best > thing you could do in your quest to become a > starcraft super-nerd ready to battle > intergallactic villains, and will put a final > touch of excellence to your costume: > http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-xx-cpkl > Ce9o6rysLbYW5F8p2ZODXEe6hAm5tNR6bVfoZyk4-&t=1 > > i predict you’ll get laid soon! Nice

My older brother is a pilot and he had it done several years ago. His recovery went pretty smoothly and I think he’s really happy with how it went. He’s got slightly better than 20 / 20 now I think. He did have to wear sunglasses around everywhere for several days, which he then decided was cool and went through about a year long phase where he had all these pairs of really high end sun glasses and he’d even wear them inside restaurants, “trying to bring it back”.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My older brother is a pilot and he had it done > several years ago. His recovery went pretty > smoothly and I think he’s really happy with how it > went. He’s got slightly better than 20 / 20 now I > think. He did have to wear sunglasses around > everywhere for several days, which he then decided > was cool and went through about a year long phase > where he had all these pairs of really high end > sun glasses and he’d even wear them inside > restaurants, “trying to bring it back”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxIwRDs1Yc8

I did it in 1999. I went from -8 in both eyes to perfect vision. I had the night starbursts for a while but that went after I guess 6 months. I only remember not having perfect driving vision at that time. I now wear glasses at -2 now. The optician said it is consistent with working in an office. Computer screens and air conditioning. My brother also had it done though I dont think he wears glasses now (he works on the other side of the world so I dont see him other than on skype from time to time). I am very glad I had it done as even today, the difference between -8 and -2 is huge. I literally could not see the person sitting opposite me. I think the methods are much better now too.

I will refrain from any surgery for a while until I forget what I have read this morning in the newspapers, about a French surgeon who cut out a healthy kidney by mistake

i did it, and its been one of the best things i’ve ever done. I had it done and had a minor complication that had some swelling in my eyes. About 2 weeks of drops took care of that. Other than that, my discomfort was pretty annoying immediately after and got progressively better over a few days. You will need to use saline drops probably for a week or 2 because your eyes need will get really dry if you don’t. Definitely glad i did it.

I know a few peple who did it and they are happy with it…the only trouble is that I thought they looked better with their glasses!!!

I hope girls don’t start doing this in large numbers. That would destroy my sexy librarian fantasy.

@Muddahudda I have -11.5 in both eyes, though I bet that’s effectively indistnguishable from -8. I’m seriously blind without my glasses or contacts. Hopefully I can get to 20/20, but any improvement would be great. Thanks everyone else for your input.

My sister-in-law had it done last year. For the 1st few days afterward she thought she made the biggest mistake of her life. She now considers it one of the best decisions she has ever made.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @Muddahudda > I have -11.5 in both eyes, though I bet that’s > effectively indistnguishable from -8. I’m > seriously blind without my glasses or contacts. > Hopefully I can get to 20/20, but any improvement > would be great. > > Thanks everyone else for your input. Dannng. I’m @ -3.00 and feel blind without my contacts/glasses.