Last Item you wasted money on

$3,400 on ornate Italian marble to surround the top of my soaking tub, whereas I could’ve gone with perfectly nice porcelain tile for 1/10th of the price.

Italian marble to surround the top of soaking tub = segway to selacious story. Go on… you know you want to… :slight_smile:

Starbucks tasted like charcoal when compared to other locally roasted stuff in the same category. I usually get the blonde ones as they have the most caffeine and don’t taste like ash. If not Starbucks there’re a few places in DC that sell really good & fresh roasted coffee.

Actually, speaking of coffee, does anyone have a cappuccino machine? They range greatly in price. How much should I spend for decent results?

$10 cover to get into a gent club this past weekend. I felt like i was at the zoo spectating wildebeests and hippos.

KMD - i have a nspresso with the milk foamer and a turkish coffee maker

check out https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/. they do reviews on all the machines. I think you’re probably referring to a superautomatic machine. Those run from $1500+.

There are literally tons of options. Right now i’ve got a great grinder and then the rancillo silvia espresso machine. It’s a great combo. freshly ground beans are a necessity.If you’re looking more for lattes and cappuchino, the superautomatics are better

if people think that’s expensive, just calculate how much you spend on coffee in half a year…boom you’ve got yourself a great machine

Lol, I thought of this thread while we were there… Like Al Gore, I tried to warn you!

This sort of place is like sushi in NYC; you can go high end or low end, but you get what you pay for…

You have no idea how bad this was.

BS - wtf was that place. I swear one of the girls was 8 months pregnant.

People never listen to me, haha. I can’t imagine it being much worse TBH, the only redeeming point was watching Trailer Park Cher make you extremely uncomfortable.

Ohai’s right. After all, most zoo tickets cost more than $10 these days…

^Lol

Just get like a $100 Krups - been using that for years, inexpensive low maintenance.

I also have a $1200 Capresso Impressa F7, but it is bulky and high maintenance, I live in small studio so don’t even have the countertop space for it. I have to go to Williams Sonoma or online to buy $30 cleaning tablets to clean it. I’m pretty done using this machine - would give it away.

SCB, good call on the Coffee Gator, it’s fantastic, great for brewing coffee at work.

The best of iheariheartmath “creative writing”

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91346601?page=1

http://www.analystforum.com/forums/water-cooler/91349669?page=1

*applause* you really have cultivate a niche style. The mixture of heated impulsiveness and family life realism delivered in a writing level of a 10 year old…brilliant.

^ Unbeknownst to most here, iheartiheartmath was a staff writer at Penthouse Forum for years before digital media took its toll on that particular title. With demand for written tales of debaucherous behavior and romance-novel cheese falling off, he turned his talents to AF.

^^ “unbeknownstsmiley

That’s a funny word. I need to use it more often, especially in everyday conversation.

Ah thanks I was looking for these to refresh my fabbing material.

Can we go back to those simpler days?

I just bought some 32 pt thickness business cards … not exactly what I wanted (in design), but gave up looking at sites and accepted what they wanted me to give them