Lebron

Dont forget the Hawks, who now have a coffin contract with Joe Johnson…FML for being a Hawks fan.

@ Ass_Man waaaaah u dont like Iso-Joe plays?

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > @ Ass_Man > waaaaah u dont like Iso-Joe plays? lol, @ least Woody is gone.

***Breaking*** Just got word from a bro of mine that LeBROn just booked 6 cabanas at the W on South Beach this Sunday to celebrate. Thats it folks, done deal, i’m calling it.

u bro writes for the LA times? It is a story that continues to take odd twists. US Magazine.com has reported that James has rented six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this weekend to celebrate his team decision, as well as 25 rooms. As it is, the hotel also is being utilized by Bosh, with his own event scheduled there. http://www.latimes.com/sports/sfl-lebron-james-miami-heat-070810,0,1525858.story?page=2&track=rss

I think he should go to the Bulls personally, that way he gets to be the man, has a shot at winning it all, and goes to a big market.

pimpineasy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > u bro writes for the LA times? > > > It is a story that continues to take odd twists. > US Magazine.com has reported that James has rented > six cabanas at the W Hotel South Beach this > weekend to celebrate his team decision, as well as > 25 rooms. As it is, the hotel also is being > utilized by Bosh, with his own event scheduled > there. > > > > http://www.latimes.com/sports/sfl-lebron-james-mia > mi-heat-070810,0,1525858.story?page=2&track=rss No he doesn’t, what time did the article come out? SOrry, I didnt look at it.

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > No he doesn’t, what time did the article come out? > SOrry, I didnt look at it. Some Yahoo! blogger was quoting the same US Magazine report around 2:00 eastern time. BTW, what the fvck are they going to talk about for an hour tonight? I just timed myself, and it took 1.8 seconds to say “I’ll be playing in Miami” and 1.9 seconds to say “I’m staying in Cleveland”. I pronounce it Cleeeeveland, which is why it takes so long.

higgmond Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > BTW, what the fvck are they going to talk about > for an hour tonight? I just timed myself, and it > took 1.8 seconds to say “I’ll be playing in Miami” > and 1.9 seconds to say “I’m staying in Cleveland”. > I pronounce it Cleeeeveland, which is why it > takes so long. I seriously lol’d

They should bring in a hard core fan of each team and have their mug shots up when he announces. The cleveland dude’s face will be priceless.

BOOM!!!

Just announced on ESPN: LeBron James to the Miami Heat

SPONSORED BY THE U OF P!!! My future MBA just increased my earnings power by ANOTHER 1.6%!

whats all the fuss about when my man KOBE is bringing me a three-peat next year, i just dont get it

Mobius Striptease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > whats all the fuss about when my man KOBE is > bringing me a three-peat next year, i just dont > get it Word. Heat will suck (term used relatively). Bosh is overrated. Lakers have Gasol/Bynum and Odom. They match up well against them and Kobe’s a winner. -Not a James fan any longer and may actually find himself rooting for the Celtics if they play the Heat

I do think the Heat will be contenders but they won’t be winning a championship next year. They have too many holes in their roster. There’s already rumors that Shaq may join them at the vet’s minimum. I also don’t understand why Lebron is getting so much hate for leaving. He wants to win championships and to do that, he wants to join the best possible team. Is that reprehensible? No one cares anymore about Kobe around 03-04 when he was crying like a baby for better teammates, bashing Bynum on a “hidden” camera, calling out Kupchak, asking to be traded, etc. Lebron handled his transition much more smoothly in my opinion than crybaby Kobe. I was a Lebron fan and will continue to be. I don’t think his legacy should be downgraded simply because he had a superstar teammate. Most players who have multiple rings had all-star teammates or superstar teammates.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I do think the Heat will be contenders but they > won’t be winning a championship next year. They > have too many holes in their roster. There’s > already rumors that Shaq may join them at the > vet’s minimum. > > I also don’t understand why Lebron is getting so > much hate for leaving. He wants to win > championships and to do that, he wants to join the > best possible team. Is that reprehensible? No one > cares anymore about Kobe around 03-04 when he was > crying like a baby for better teammates, bashing > Bynum on a “hidden” camera, calling out Kupchak, > asking to be traded, etc. Lebron handled his > transition much more smoothly in my opinion than > crybaby Kobe. > > I was a Lebron fan and will continue to be. I > don’t think his legacy should be downgraded simply > because he had a superstar teammate. Most players > who have multiple rings had all-star teammates or > superstar teammates. A fair point - and I’m sure winning a championship will go a long way in making people forget about this. The issue is not leaving Cleveland for a chance to win, but how he did it (i.e. didn’t notify the Cavs until a few minutes before the show, amongst other things). Granted Kobe whined, but at least he made his intentions clear. Kobe said get me a better team or trade me. Lebron strung multiple cities along and was not upfront about how he handled his situation.

If an employer asks you where you’re going are you going to tell them? Maybe, maybe not. If you’re on an interview and they ask you your salary, most people try to delay/hide it. If you are interviewing for multiple jobs, do you tell one company that you like another company more so just forget it? He played his cards the way they’re supposed to be played. It was in any sane person’s interest to at least hear the offers from all the teams was it not? What if the Clippers, who, in addition to the Knicks and Nets IMO NEVER had a chance, came up with some ridiculously good offer? You never know. So you should hear out all of the possible scenarios and not blabber your intentions. Anyway, I can sorta see how people might be irritated by his handling of the situation, but I also think most people are saying that because they’re not in Lebron’s shoes. If you were in that same situation, maybe you would’ve done the same.

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The issue is not leaving Cleveland for a chance to > win, but how he did it (i.e. didn’t notify the > Cavs until a few minutes before the show, amongst > other things). His decision had been pretty obvious about 3 days ahead of time. The season just ended too, it’s not like he notified the Cavs 3 days before the season started.

Topher - You’re being rhetorical, but his situation is different than someone gainfully employeed without a set contract or time period defining the period of employment. Everyone knew he was a free agent, it’s not like looking for another team to play on would get him fired from the Cavs. Nonetheless, there are work situations that are similar to Lebron’s - they still do not justify the actions. AM - Kind of not the point - but to examine that for a minute, you think it’s cool that the Cavs hear from potentially uncredible outside sources that their franchise player is leaving?