Lebron

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > AM - Kind of not the point - but to examine that > for a minute, you think it’s cool that the Cavs > hear from potentially uncredible outside sources > that their franchise player is leaving? It’s not like they thought he would be staying, just look at the owners response. It dropped like 10 minutes after Lebron made his announcement. He obviously wrote that before he “knew.”

You have to give him some credit, the easy thing would have been to take the extra $30M and stay in Cleveland hoping to bring home the ring

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LPoulin133 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > AM - Kind of not the point - but to examine > that > > for a minute, you think it’s cool that the Cavs > > hear from potentially uncredible outside > sources > > that their franchise player is leaving? > > It’s not like they thought he would be staying, > just look at the owners response. It dropped like > 10 minutes after Lebron made his announcement. He > obviously wrote that before he “knew.” Ok - so because they knew he was screwing them over that justifies his actions? That makes sense.

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You have to give him some credit, the easy thing > would have been to take the extra $30M and stay in > Cleveland hoping to bring home the ring Seems to me the easy thing to do was to go to the team stacked with two other superstars. The bigger challenge would be to be the clear cut leader and lead a team to a championship. I don’t think for even a minute that the $$ (speaking only of his base salary for playing basketball) was a factor in this decision.

Bottom line, the classy thing to do is call the owner and tell him whats happening before he goes on live TV and makes a spectacle of it. Whether or not you want to stay, he’s lived there is entire life, and became an icon while in Cleveland. If you want to leave, great, but at least have the courtesy to tell them. That being said, I also thing that the owner will regret his open letter, and it’s ridiculous to think that the Cavs will win a championship before the Heat given their roster / payroll.

look a lot of people are disappointed because he was thought to be the heir to MJ based on competitiveness, desire to win and making teammates better while he did do that for 3 plus seasons the admission that he feels he needs to join WADE’s team to win a championshipo doesnt mesh with neither his King moniker nor his aspiration to be admired as a mj/kobe type player … to sum it up he felt he needed to join a suspersars team to win a championship .

The easy thing to do was to stay in cleveland, make 30 more million and he didn’t have to ever win. That doesn’t mean he wouldn’t ever win but he would always be comfortable there and the team would be happy just to be relevant. Of course how long before the Fans were ready to run him out of town with a couple of more second round exits. It is much harder to do this and know that people are going to hate you and now you HAVE to win. Also, people always say Athletes just take the money, well he didn’t take the money he wanted to win, and now I hear people say well he already has the money, if that’s the case and money doesn’t matter anymore and he doesn’t care about a championship why not retire. The guy is a competititor and is willing to sacrifice personal glory for the right to be called a champion.

basically it affronts our sense of fairness …lebron is a suprememly tslented player why did hje feel it necessary to join up with 2 other superstars in order to compete for a champoionship…NY, chicago or even cleveland he could use hhis physical girfts/leadership skills to lead a team to a championship …thats what separate the good from the greats …is he saying that he is unable to do so or is he saying that he is increasing his chances …now iff i do the same in nba 2k playing with lebron jordan kobe etc cuz i wanna win u wouldnt think very highly of me would you. i would win but your level of admiration wouldnt be as great …nothing is wrong with what he did but for someone who considers himself king james this is totally a blow to his image

LPoulin133 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > LPoulin133 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > AM - Kind of not the point - but to examine > > that > > > for a minute, you think it’s cool that the > Cavs > > > hear from potentially uncredible outside > > sources > > > that their franchise player is leaving? > > > > It’s not like they thought he would be staying, > > just look at the owners response. It dropped > like > > 10 minutes after Lebron made his announcement. > He > > obviously wrote that before he “knew.” > > Ok - so because they knew he was screwing them > over that justifies his actions? That makes > sense. If by “screwing over” you mean making his own decisions, then yes. Makes perfect sense. Who is he screwing over? He essentially saved the team a ton of money. He would’ve been screwing himself over had he stayed w/ CC b/c they would be plowing all their cash into Lebron and not have the ability to realistically recruit talent to support him. Lebron couldn’t even recruit Bosch to Cleveland. He didnt screw anyone over, he made a decision that was his to make.

AM - You’re right, he handled this well.

haha awesome