Less women on wall street - what's going on?

SheFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Fortunately, my network there now includes that > bastion of professionalism and integrity, > Bromion. You have no place to challenge my integrity. Ever. You are a troll at best.

She’s the sexiest troll ever.

bromion Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > SheFA Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Fortunately, my network there now includes that > > bastion of professionalism and integrity, > > Bromion. > > You have no place to challenge my integrity. Ever. > You are a troll at best. The feeling is mutual, lover boy

ASSet_MANagement Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It also doesnt hurt that when a college > interviewer asks the average female (at a > well-known good college) if “they believe they > should end womens suffrage” and most of them say > “yes” then it’s kind of a self reinforcing point. Link / Source? This could be useful.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ASSet_MANagement Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It also doesnt hurt that when a college > > interviewer asks the average female (at a > > well-known good college) if “they believe they > > should end womens suffrage” and most of them > say > > “yes” then it’s kind of a self reinforcing > point. > > > Link / Source? This could be useful. The Man Show did it long ago with Adam and Jimmy. Sadly it’s not on youtube.

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/12474/Help-End-Womens-Suffrage/

PS - Bromion, I like to think of myself as a reasonable person and I agree that personal integrity should not be questioned lightly. Please trust that I will pull my sarcastic comment if you can get CFAI to endorse the following statements: 1. The place I work doesn’t hire girls, for example, because they would probably cry all the time. Feel free to elaborate how this is not supposed to be a sexist comment. 2. Either you took this out of context intentionally, or you have poor logical reasoning skills, which is often true for women (the discrimination is real for a reason). Feel free to point to the low number of women in senior positions to substantiate. Perhaps you should discuss this before pointing out your firm does not hire women. Also, feel free to say you did not really mean the thing about poor logical reasoning skills, but think it is a funny thing to point out during a discussion about the declining number of women on wall street / women in finance. 3. It’s not unreasonable for an employer to want to put together the best and most effective team, particularly if they are risking hundreds of millions of dollars of their own capital. Some people believe that women have no place on that sort of team, because employing women changes the work place dynamics, often unfavorably. You may point out that they don´t have to like it. 4. You think that the cry factor and the logic factor are appropriate reasons not to hire women. 5. Getting hurt by female financial professionals is hot. You may skip this one if you like. Your personal sexual issues are probably, but not necessarily relevant to your line of arguments. 6. Girls tend to be more emotional, which often clouds their judgment. The Chair of the Board of Governors of CFAI can be contacted here: margaret.franklin@cfainstitute.org Tel: +1 (416) 640-0520 Hope this helps. Best regards, SheFA SheFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > bromion Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > > SheFA Wrote: > > > Fortunately, my network there now includes > that > > > bastion of professionalism and integrity, > > > Bromion. > > > > You have no place to challenge my integrity. > Ever. > > You are a troll at best. > > The feeling is mutual, lover boy

ek82 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Some areas of finance are better than others for > women. Asset management, research etc - far > friendlier than corp finance or trading. There’s a > reasonable % of women in funds management and > investment consulting where incidentally turnover > is much lower. > Ok I didn’t want to get dragged into this. But I agree with this. I’ve seen asset management teams that have equal amounts of women.

Alright folks. Even I am tired of this thread now, as well as this forum. I hope you folks will reflect a bit more on the subject, and treat the ladies here and anywhere with the same (dis)respect you would your mates or other guys. Expect the same from colleagues and employers. That´s all. A last loving word for Bromion: You are probably good at your job, but seriously man - this attitude can blow up in your face both professionally and privately. Get a grip and some perspective. In case you carry this attitude in real life, you will deter smart and self-respecting women and live a self-fulfilling prophesy. In case you are just poking fun, I don´t get why you would stake your reputation even on an anonymous forum like this. I´m not saying this to be nasty. Sorry for my previous post, it was unhelpful. Congrats on riling the OP - hope you enjoyed the fruits of your effort. Finally, if posing as a sexist bigot turns out to be terribly funny and all is rosy and fair out there in the real world, I stand corrected. Arrivederci SheFA

Please don’t go

So in your 20 posts history on AF, you decided to open a thread on female inequality in finance, and after 4 pages, you are bored. Your user name being “SheFA” was already a red flag, so I suppose no one should have been surprised. Being emotional is a horrible trait to have, especially in finance and investing. Why is it so hard to accept some professions are more heavily female and some male? Just do your best and leave it alone, posting here for sure isn’t going to help you cause.

SheFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A last loving word for Bromion: You are probably > good at your job, but seriously man - this > attitude can blow up in your face both > professionally and privately. Get a grip and some > perspective. In case you carry this attitude in > real life, you will deter smart and > self-respecting women and live a self-fulfilling > prophesy. In case you are just poking fun, I don´t > get why you would stake your reputation even on an > anonymous forum like this. I´m not saying this to > be nasty. Sorry for my previous post, it was > unhelpful. Congrats on riling the OP - hope you > enjoyed the fruits of your effort. I’m not sure what you are talking about. You sign up a new user name and come here to start spouting angry feminist rhetoric, and attacking people for giving the honest views you sought. The worst part is that the attacks were not even logical and well thought out, they were gut check reactions based on obvious frustrations you have in your professional life – you clearly came here to pick a fight (really, you are much more transparent than you might think, and it’s tacky). You don’t have to like reality, but if you ask people for their view of reality and they give you sincere responses, you should be willing to accept that instead of trying to drag them through the mud with petty insults. You didn’t have any reputation here before this thread (based on your extensive post count lol), but you destroyed any hope of creating one with your current screen name. I would recommend waiting a month or two and starting over with a new name, and not being a hater around here – there are few things worse than a bitter try hard. As you can tell from other people’s reactions here, you are not making a positive impression. Hopefully, you do not act this way in real life, for your sake. If you do, maybe that is the source of your frustration – think about it; at some point you have to take responsibility for your actions and stop blaming other people and making excuses. If you continue down this road, I suspect that you will encouter other people like me who find your attitude funny and worthy of a joke, so be prepared. At any rate, I hope you that you do leave this forum, but either way, I am done with you and am ignoring all of your future posts. Good luck in life!

^ I would not be surprised if she’s from middle east. If she is, then it’s not her fault! Moreover, I think she lives in a place where it’s a big deal for a women to become a FA. She’s A-type, believing her own hypothetical perceptions and thinking everyone else is mentally handicapped. Men are losers around her, at whichever women oppressing country she is in, currently. Mere speculations, I deserve the right to be wrong!

Anyways, just for fun, who’s betting on her location? My guess - Ukraine. Some middle eastern country would be a nice guess too, but her cynicism is half baked!

well, her last goodbye phrase was Italian, but she also uses “folks” in her messages. english seems very fluent. so I’d say american parents but outside US.

SheFA, I would like to apologize on behalf of my fellow AF members. I was abhorred to see such insensitive responses to your original post. There is one question that I want to ask, and I believe that this addresses the root of all the issues that we have been discussing. I want to phrase this in a way that is both sensitive and respectful to your stature as a professional woman: Are you having your period?

Right. Final final note. My background is the opposite of what is being assumed here. I work in a financial subsector with very few women in the US, here and elsewhere. I am not in a junior role. The main reason I believe there are few women in positions like my own in my local environment is that fewer women than men are as interested in the sector, and as driven to climb the ladder. Similar viewpoints were outlined on this thread. All fine. The sector is mainly male - also fine. Equal opportunities does not mean equal outcomes. I am pretty much at the top of the game in my organisation and work in a good team, but we are neither top nor second tier and the outlook for becoming so in the current financial climate is not good. I am therefore considering what to do next. I can stay in my organisation and help position it for better times. I can stay in my region. There are other regional opportunities as well. I am not at all worried about my future, and have a pretty solid savings account so I can take some risks. I have been playing with the thought of following up on my old traveling itch and seek new opportunities in distant lands. One of my interests: the US. I am perfectly happy with my lot in life, not least my chance to grasp opportunities previous generations of women did not have. My mother was turned down for business school specifically because she was a woman, was sent to house-wife school instead and married a farmer. She ended up in relatively influential political and NGO roles in her fifties and sixties, despite or perhaps because of being held back as a young woman. This, not my naivety, probably explains why you guys rub me completely the wrong way. What appears to be the US work climate is not universal. I thought unwritten policies of not hiring women and some of the views expressed here had pretty much died out decades ago. I was (am still) curious about potential causes behind the declining number of women on wall street. I expected some unforeseen negatives, but did not expect these types of responses and observations. Culture shock I guess. I’m glad I did this in silico experiment to test the US waters. It’s cheap and perhaps even effective. I can see my attitude toward this subject and these issues would not serve me well in the US. Thanks all for enlightening me. I hope things get better. Adieu. SheFA.

SheFA! WAIT. DON’T GO. I HAVEN’T HAD ADEQUATE TIME TO CREEP. ADD ME ON LINKEDIN!!!

Ciao Bella. You’re a distant but impressive second to the magical QQQbee. If you’re ever in the orient, please look him up and make a baby that can replace The Chad ® in 20 years or so, so that AF may continue to be a beacon for the needy in financial services.

Why “SheFA” is an offensive nickname on this forum? Just a rhetoric question.