Level 2 2009 - BOSTON ????

anyone taking it there?

yes. do you live in allston/brighton? i have a feeling that you do. one favor- i’d like to call a moratorium on “make it rain” for the next 10 months. CFAI content: what section are you tackling first, eager beaver?

I’m done with L2, but will be in Boston regularly - I use Harvard’s library for research on a regular basis. I’d be happy to meet up and/or help in whatever way I can if it fits my times in town. While I avoid FSA like the plague, I’ve got a pretty strong background in quant, equity, corp, and portfolio mgt. Bannisja: I assume there’s a good number of Beantown folks. We should get together at some point for a drink (or two). You probably already have, but I guess I missed the memo…).

thanks guys. let’s definitely stay in touch. I am still way too early in the studying process, but I think sometime early next year, we can meet up and throw out questions of things that may not be clicking…this stuff is way harder than level 1, I see what you and all my friends meant when you laughed at me for passing 1 : ) - a drink at some pt is a good idea. and I will try to stop saying “make it rain,” but it sort of has become my signature!

busprof- congrats on the pass, well deserved. drinks at some point sounds good- i could run to harvard’s library from mi casa (unless you’re on the med school campus which i doubt you are) and feel like usain bolt, so i’m clearly close by. i think i know who you are also! haha, my strong sleuth skills put it together AFTER john harris’s class this past spring… had i pieced it together while at the class I would’ve said hello. i was one of the what, 3 girls there? was about 2 rows behind you almost directly. yep, that’s me. cfaboston28 was there too, handsome young devil that he is. small town i tell ya. again, congrats on the pass. i wish you the best on L3 and will follow in your footsteps a year behind. PS- don’t be surprised if i take you up for the quant help. it’s my achilles heel out of all of the topics on the test.

Bannisja: Between my inability to keep quiet and the hacking cough I had (I came down with something that hit me like a ton of bricks about 2:00 on the first day), I’m sure I was pretty visible. As for the quant - don;t feel bad. Unless you use it on a regular basis, it takes a while to get quant. First, because there’a a pretty heavy quant/equation load. More important, it takes a while to get the “feel” of the material. As an aside, I’ve found that the quant stuff on L2 gives my students the most trouble (even the brightest ones seem toi have problems with it). Feel free to email any questions on quant or other material - my “pseudonym” email is unknownprofessor@hotmail.com And daj - I’ll second the “make it rain” issue. The question is not whether it’s alsready your signature, but whether it SHOULD be, But hey - it’s all a learning process. I didn’t start curing myself of my recto-cranial inversion until I hit my 30’s. And that’s mostly due to the fact that I married WELL above my station.

I’m done with L2 and live in Brookline. I also have the schweser flash cards, CD Roms and flashcards which I’m happy to pass on to anyone local for little or nothing. send me a note paulj926 at yahoo

daj do you live in Allston/Brighton? how about you bannisja?

no, i live north of the river close to a very reputable university mentioned above.

I’m also fairly close to said reputable university. Up for a drink/discussion/etc… I’m at gatorwalsh at gmail

bannisja Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > no, i live north of the river close to a very > reputable university mentioned above. that makes sense, you do not seem as juvenile as daj and I to live in Allston / Brighton…

A/B is definitely fun in college. Once you get out, you don’t go back though. I’ll leave the Kells to peeps born deep in the 80’s now. I’m not 26 anymore, but if I met you in a bar I’d tell you otherwise. We’ll get the Boston crew out for a study session and drink or 2 at some point, that sounds good.

BlueCollarHero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > > > that makes sense, you do not seem as juvenile as > daj and I to live in Allston / Brighton… yeah, i admit it: imma 29 going on 24.

Banni, You are witty as always. I didn’t find many changes in 2009 curriculum especially in FSA and dont think I will be joining John Harris again. What about you?

have a feeling i can rope the co. into paying for it, so my guess is i’ll do it yes. has anyone ever done the 1/2 or 1/3rd whatever off of schweser for repeating? I looked online at thier site and they certainly don’t make it easy to get this discount! call a phone #, prove you failed, prove you have signed up again, etc… I’d think that the majority of folks either don’t see this discount or don’t go through the hoops to actually take advantage of it. when i sign up for schweser sept/oct, will try to get this discount. so long answer short- yes, i plan to take harris again this year.

I’m on campus most evenings, glad to meet up. Just let me know when/where.

Boston L2 2009 for me. How broke are you guys that you still need to live in Allston/Brighton? 22 was the cutoff for me in that STD-hole.

I will take Schweser’s 3 days seminar this year (50% off on premium package for repeaters i.e. $500)…I am still thinking about Harris…but might not do that. I have last year’s notes and also not many things have changed. This year we have more time as compared to last year so will do all problem’s from CFAI text. Banni, have you received books yet?

is the Joh Harris class found at www.accountingworkshops.com? or is there some other site. Also, is the class only in Texas or offered in Boston or surrounding areas as well? has anyone taken the prep course with BSAS for LII and do you know how much it costs? thanks for all the help…

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Boston L2 2009 for me. How broke are you guys > that you still need to live in Allston/Brighton? > 22 was the cutoff for me in that STD-hole. hey now, cheap rent leaves more $$$$ for busch lights…