Level 2 candidacy on resume

Hi, I just passed level I. I know someone has posted this question before but I didn’t find a good post that answered my question. How do I properly put that recognition on my resume? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was planning to list it under “Education and Professional Training” section on top of my resume. It will read: University of … 06/2006 - B.A. in … Educational Abroad Program, University of … 12/2005 - … Chartered Financial Analyst Program - completed level I in June 2008 - intended level II in June 2009 any comment is much appreciated.

no comment

Just put “CFA Level II Candidate” should suffice, no need to give the date

You passed level 1 and you’re actually asking this question?

That is an ethics violation…you may only state that you are a Level II candidate, not that you intend to pass on a given date. A better way to word it may be: June 2009 Level II Candidate I hope this helps, TheChad

http://www.cfapubs.org/doi/pdf/10.2469/ccb.v2005.n3.4000 Bottom of page 136 and page 137!

And ONLY after you have REGISTERED for Level 2!

Now the 35% pass rate seems high…

thank you very much for all your inputs. what if I don’t plan to register for level 2 until later this year. should I just put “completed CFA level I in June 2008” and not “Level II candidate”? is it worth mentioning “first try”? or would I come off as a show off? what about listing it under “education and professional training”? is that appropriate? or should I separate the two sections? (I graduated from college not too long ago and don’t have any other professional training.)

oh i got it now. the chad, thank you for your advice. soxboy, thank you for the link to the standard. i just looked at it. question answered!

Why is this always so hard… 1st. use the search function this is asked 5 times a week 2nd. use common sense–> Billy Bob Thornton - CFA Level 2 Candidate (June 09); Completed Level 1 (June 08) --now you can make it prettier using big words; CFA Level 2 Aspirant (June 09); Consummated Level 1 (June 08)

just put YOUR NAME, C.F.A partial charterholder completed first level on the first attempt, superior stock picking ability, guaranteed returns

Wrong. You forgot to tell him to bold C.F.A. in big font.

i thought CFA goes before your name like Dr or Mr

some of you people are so cynical…

Serious terms - ‘YOUR NAME, C.F.A partial charterholder, completed first level on the first attempt, superior stock picking ability, guaranteed returns’- ->>> VIOLATION bold C.F.A. in big font – >>>> VIOLATION

prossetti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You passed level 1 and you’re actually asking this > question? LOL…LOL

what if the name was in bold ? CFA bold too ? for instance : Warren G. Buffet, CFA what if both were in Bold ? is that a violation ? :wink:

It’s ok only if you italicize C.F.A. and put it in quotes.

Hi have2pass, you are correct.