Level 2 Pass rate

Does anyone know the average level 2 pass rate?

http://www.cfainstitute.org/

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/pdf/candidate_results.pdf to be precise.

For 2006, the level 3 pass rate was 76% and then in 2007 it was 50%? Wow.

Perhaps they failed more so that they could earn more fees from returning candidates?

Maybe people don’t study enough and don’t have a finance background, or underestimate the test… It seems if you’ve found this site it helps keep you on track.

Any clue how many people sat for the Dec. 2007 L1 exam?

37,573 By country/region, the pass rates for the Level I exam are: United States: 41 percent of the 11,273 total exam candidates Canada: 40 percent of the 3,078 total exam candidates Europe: 41 percent of the 6,041 total exam candidates Asia and Pacific Asia: 39 percent of the 15,120 total exam candidates Central and South America: 41 percent of the 325 total exam candidates Africa/Middle East: 28 percent of the 1,736 total exam candidates

around 200 of the 14653 who passed in Dec i.e 1.36% of those who made it are AFers. miniscule,but a pretty well prepared bunch I guess.

doworkson Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe people don’t study enough and don’t have a > finance background, or underestimate the test… > It seems if you’ve found this site it helps keep > you on track. no, i prefer my theory

“Maybe people don’t study enough and don’t have a finance background, or underestimate the test.” That works for Level 1, but does not apply to level 2 nor 3.

cjb001 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Perhaps they failed more so that they could earn > more fees from returning candidates? They also get a lifetime of memberships fees from charterholders too. But I’m betting that the pass rates will be low at all 3 levels. I think pass rates are correlated with the markets. They won’t want an oversupply of charterholders in a downward trending market.

market driving the scores?..you guys are freaking me out… anyhow, based on the scores posted by a good number of CFA candidates in Level 1 for last Dec, it seems that the minimum overall % score is below 70…but going by Level 2 results last June, the institute seems to up the ante and doesn’t compromise below the 70 mark…what do u think? Or does it confirm the suspicion that December Level 1 is an easier take than June? Or that, for Level 2, the asian effect has increased the percentile/ minimum score…

omoobagberume Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > market driving the scores?..you guys are > freaking me out… > > anyhow, based on the scores posted by a good > number of CFA candidates in Level 1 for last Dec, > it seems that the minimum overall % score is below > 70…but going by Level 2 results last June, > the institute seems to up the ante and doesn’t > compromise below the 70 mark…what do u think? > Or does it confirm the suspicion that December > Level 1 is an easier take than June? Or that, for > Level 2, the asian effect has increased the > percentile/ minimum score… Absolutely no way the Level 2 passing score is 70 or above. No way in hell.

From what I heard from different sources is that 20% don’t show up for the exam. Out of the 80 left, 40% pass. If you count the people that don’t show up the pass rate is lower. 32%

also, they are people showed up and left after several minutes of the exam, simply gave up.

UAECFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- I think pass > rates are correlated with the markets. They won’t > want an oversupply of charterholders in a downward > trending market. do a regression

During December exams, while papers were being collected/handed out, I actually counted as many tables and missing spaces as possible. On average a third of the seats were empty. That makes it a 26% pass rate for all registered candidates.

Thank you

We are starting this thread again? Seriously? This has been beaten to death. First the pass rates are not determined by the market whatsoever. That’s utterly absurd. Second, the candidates who don’t sit, or who even skip the PM session do not affect the pass rates. http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/overview/pdf/IntoOur5thDecade.pdf That PDF document contains everything you ever wanted to know about the exam. Including general historical background, pass rates for every single year, why they choose different exam formats, how they calc min passing score.