Level II and III grading has completed

I received CFA Institute email that Grading of the CFA exam was completed. The email is as following: July/August 2008 Thanks to Graders; Congratulations to Level I Candidates Grading of the CFA exam was completed without a hitch, but our graders did experience a whir–the whir of a helicopter, that is. Graders in Charlottesville were interrupted when U.S. President George W. Bush arrived by helicopter just outside the grading center windows, which were covered as a security precaution. He was quickly whisked away to speak at a naturalization ceremony at nearby Monticello, home of the third U.S. President, Thomas Jefferson. After this excitement, grading resumed. Special thanks to all the essay graders for a great job executing this important task with care and discretion. Congratulations to the 15,311 CFA candidates who passed the Level I exams they took in June. The pass rate at Level I this year is 35 percent, down slightly from 40 percent a year ago. We will announce the results of Level II and III exams as they become available. The 2009 curriculum is now available and registration is open for June exams. Registration is still open for the December Level I exam.

15,311 / .35 = 43,746 test takers. 19% will finish = 8,312 new CFAs (noun) in the next 3-4 year time period. Well, I would guess at ~80% of that 19% will finish in 3-4 years, anyway, so = 6,650 people I don’t really care to compete with will be out on the market. Hopefully most of them are in China and India.

zzzzz

this is the first thread that has made me feel remotely nervous about the 19th

I was driving back from the Outerbanks, NC yesterday on I-64 and passed right by Charlottesville. I was joking with my wife that I wanted to stop and knock on CFAI’s door and ask for a tour. I wonder if they would have let me in. Would any of you stopped?

the passrate down slightly? They call 40% to a measly 35%…slightly…wtf

Probably the same people who don’t think global warming is a problem. The mean global temperature has only SLIGHTLY risen by a degree…

didnt receive any… wtf

JarJarBinks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > didnt receive any… wtf I guess only CFA Institute members can receive this kinds of letters from president Jeff Diermeier.

Does anybody has reason to believe it as an authentic email? I doubt.

obelix Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Does anybody has reason to believe it as an > authentic email? I doubt. Yes, because I got it as well.

if this is true and the grading is complete, why would they need to wait 2 more weeks before they release the results?

bos_IT_guy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > if this is true and the grading is complete, why > would they need to wait 2 more weeks before they > release the results? because of the large number of Level II & III candidates.

Grading is complete. Time to set the MPS I guess.

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Grading is complete. Time to set the MPS I guess. ====================================== dude the MPS is already set… thts wat my guess is… they wouldnt wait soo long… its time to recheck the tests which are close around the MPS

Why would that take 3 weeks? I got that email a week ago. The Board of directors probably has to meet and sign on the results.

I notice these guys are obsessed with perfection. Which might explain why some people could notice Level III enrolment links on their login page while they awaited their Level 2 results. Apart from the Board determining the MPS scores, other activities they might also do are - okay, the upload of links - preparation of membership and charter application materials for Level 111 guys who completed the exam, which would prob involve determining how many passed in the first place - Determining the substantive lists for each level and passing it through different depts before finally, passing to IT for upload. - Preparation for Press conference to exaplain the results - (fill in the rest of them gap)

hmm…i’ haven’t received this e-mail either… It probably has been sent only to CFA institute members… Any non-members who have received this e-mail? If there are…its time to start a “you received the e-mail because you passed” theory

Syd_RE Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > hmm…i’ haven’t received this e-mail either… > > It probably has been sent only to CFA institute > members… > > > Any non-members who have received this e-mail? > > If there are…its time to start a “you received > the e-mail because you passed” theory ========================================================= they only send the e-mail to those whose scores are above the MPS… i havent received it either…maybe we will have to kill this in June 09 :frowning: