Life will not change just bc you passed L1

not 1 iota unless you’re already at a shop that gives bonuses for passing each level (and those are few and far between) but otherwise enjoy the victory take at least the next 3 months OFF FROM CFA before you start preparing for L2 so you can be focused and rejuvinated November is the absolute earliest you want to start studying for Level 2 unless you put in 500 hours for Level I and barely passed

NOOO! My dreams are crushed… And here I thought I’d be able to walk into a bar and use passing level 1 as a successful pick up line…

builders you are quite the negative nancy. A realist perhaps, but half glass empty nonetheless. Let those who passed find out on their own if it opens any doors.

It’s a hard test and therefore its impressive by that merit. It takes preparation over a long-period, discipline, and execution. Of course it isn’t the ticket to fame and fortune alone; I don’t think anyone here has that mentality.

Life is like a box of chocolates, you know you always gonna get chocolates unless you want something else.

while I agree with builders on the truth of it, let people have a little joy… come on man, they just got results today. You got to walk before you can run yea?

I got drinks bought by chicks who failed level II today so your argument is invalid.

Unforseen Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I got drinks bought by chicks who failed level II > today so your argument is invalid. Winning.

You are definitely too negative. Let people enjoy their accomplishment for a few days. Your post would be fine as a response to someone saying that this will change their life, but not really necessary as a new thread on the day the results come out.

i ll state the obvious smart and well prepared lvl 1 candidate walks out of the exam easily feel confident of passing. smart and well prepared lvl 2 candidate walks out of the exam almost always cluelessly the following 2 months of waiting will kill all your dreams. :smiley: gratz on your level 1 accomplishmen

Clearly the OP failed L1 (again) and is bitter so he/she has to s.h.i.t on everyone else’s joy. That kind of attitude in life will DEFINITELY not help you in life.

I dont support this thread. Passing Level 1 has enabled me to post incessantly on AF.

OP?

original poster…

actually there are jobs out there that require one to have level 1 under their belt. Congrats to those who passed as you now have a leg up on builders

rothwise Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > actually there are jobs out there that require one > to have level 1 under their belt. Congrats to > those who passed as you now have a leg up on > builders actually i sat for the level 3 exam June 4th and am awaiting results

Woops…BURN!

so you’re on level 3 and posting on a level 1 forum that they are nothing even if they passed. Shouldnt you be answering the phones?

Builders gets sh!tted on at his/her ER job so what better place to come than the Level 1 boards to boss around peeps.

I think that is wrong as at minimum most companies including mine reimburse the expense if passed and do not if failed so I am atleast not out any money now for taking test. Also we recently hired someone and one of the reasons they got hired is they had passed level 1 and 2 already. I have seen numerous job posting with CFA or in process of completing CFA so passing Level I would definitely show that. Do not expect headhunters calling offering amazing jobs just because I passed level 1 but it does not hurt.