Looking for a career change

insert CvM underdog rant here:

Agreed Ramos. I just want to point out that when it comes to emails and my resume i am much more careful about all types of errors.

Totally agree with this

I think it’s possible but very unlikely. Also, following someone else’s path, will never work. You will have to make your own.

Best route IMO is continue studying for the CFA, your background sets you up well for some kind of commercial lending gig, bust your ass there for a few years then maybe do a MBA or move to a leveraged finance role for financial sponsors and corporation. You can make a jump there to PE possibly after a few years.

klaudnine,

Thanks for the advice! I still have to do more thinking about it but it is looking like the best route for me would be to move to a bigger bank (preferably one with an IB arm) and study for my CFA. What you suggested also sounds like a great idea as well.

You have a BA from an unknown online university and no significant experience?

I’d say you’re actually doing pretty well just to have your current Credit Analyst position.

Its not an “online university” like a phoenix or something like that. I just happened to do their online program because it was relatively cheap, i lived out of state, and i worked full time.

which bank you work for? need to short ASAP

It’s a credit union so you couldn’t short it but even if you could what are you trying to imply? I get the sense some people here are looking down there nose at me simply for being ambitious. I don’t get t.

just messing with you, congrats on the CA job

wait wait wait one second. Are you indian?

Puerto Rican

You’re going to get a lot of snobbery if you continue down this path. Remember what club you’re trying to join; you got grinders who worked hard to earn their stripes, and you got people who are naturally talented and have excelled all their lives. Everyone is trying to be the best and they’ll take shots to sound you out. Tough skin is a requirement if you get where you want to be. Best learn to deal with it.

^Truth. Stick around this place long enough, you’ll get used to it. At least it will be a nice prep for the real world when people do it to your face.

And fwiw I’ve probably had my resume immediately dumped into the trash applying for a credit analyst job at a few AM shops. So you can look down on me if you want.

mk17,

Yeah, in just the cuople of weeks of been doing research that is something I have come to realize and while it can be quite annoying it is what it is and I’ll have to learn to deal with it if I want to break into those industries.

ltj,

That’s harsh man (referring to your resume). And I try not to look down on anyone. Like a lot of people I had a very humble beginning and I’ve had to work for everything I have and accomplished up to this point so I try and relate people as opposed to looking down on them. Its just not my style.

For a person who’s blasting somebody another user’s grammar, your misuse of the colon is ironic.

Pretty sure it’s correct…suggest your correction.

P.S. can’t be a semicolon if that’s what you’re thinking.

That’s not even the worst of it. Early in my career I got an interview at a job that was sweet but beyond my experience level. I showed up and quickly saw I was just a foil for some guy they already chose but needed to satisfy HR’s # of interview requirements.

and

Protip for OP: don’t let on that anything bugs you. Once the sharks smell the blood in the water it will never stop.

Given your goals and background, your only chance is to get into top 15 MBA program.