looking for an opportunity in the asset management field

My email is rameshrrs@yahoo.com OBJECTIVE Seeking a challenging position that will enable me to use my Education and Experience in the asset management field. I am interested in U.S., emerging markets, Asia related opportunities. I personally have a top-down and bottom-up combined approach. I would like to buy any asset at clearance prices. Applied CFA lessons in the financial markets using my money and made good amount of money. Would like to prove and improve my skills in big way and to fulfill my childhood dream of becoming great investor. EDUCATION Passed CFA Level2 Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Engineering Got 5th rank among 80,000 students in entrance test for Polytechnic EXPERIENCE 1. Made approximately 100% return on my personal assets of around 200K in 3 years. 2. In 2004 started investing in Emerging markets. Invested major amount in 2005. In 2006, Invested in Emerging markets after the major sell off. Predicted golden age for emerging markets due to technological advances brought by internet. 3. In 2004 started investing in international markets and had 50% of assets in international markets by end of 2005 before major run down of dollar. Predicted dollar loosing value when buffet’s bets against dollar is not working. 4. Bought High Yield bonds after sub prime credit rout and made handsome money. 5. Started moving to growth stocks from middle of 2005 end and made major moves before middle of 2006. Handsomely participated in growth rally. 6. Bought Whole Foods stock when it was around $38 due to concerns about wild oats and amplified worries. In less than 3 months It reached around 52. I would like to hold that stock forever absent a major thing. 7. Like that bought few other stocks opportunistically. 8. Studied numerous investment books including distressed investing. I like distressed investing both because of the returns and challenges involved. 9. I feel investing is like a game where one can make money while having fun. 10. As I fell very good in identifying major trends due to more main street thinking than lot other wall street folks. 11. I grew up in a small village till my 15 years and studied in big city till 8 years in India. Spend 8 years in USA in two different states Virginia and New Jersey. My parents and lot of relatives still live in rural and urban parts of India. This way I can get better connect investment themes globally. 12. Started investing stocks when I was 16 years old in India. My father gave me a lot of support. I did not what I was doing at that time. My father does not have any stock market education only courage. 13. In Dot com bubble lost 25K almost my savings at that time, then I started to learn about investing and got interested in CFA. Dot-Com failure was founding stone for my success. 14. It is my dream to be one of the greatest investors during my lifetime. 15. Personally invested in great managers like MJ Whitman, Ken Heebner and Bill Nygren etc to learn from their experience. 16. In March 2007 I purchased a handyman special house for the price of land. With 10K of improvements house came to good condition. With another 10K it will go top great condition. I am looking around 50K plus profit even in the downturn. This shows my street smartness not just paper smart. Even after I purchased real estate I wish it is going to crash further so we can buy lot of investment properties. Planning to buy at least one investment property in 2009. 17. Strong in Economics, Financial Statement Analysis, Equity, Derivates, Fixed Income and alternative assets valuation and portfolio management. 18. 10+ years of strong Business Analyst\Software development experience and understanding of Trading, Mortgages, Fixed Income Securities, Electronic Chips, Equity, B2B, Retail, Telecom, Networking, IT Consulting and Government contractors. 19. Knowledgeable and able to find moats in Health Care, Consumer Services, Business Services, Banks, Asset Management and Insurance, Software, Hardware, Media, Telecom, Consumer Goods, Industrial Materials, Energy and Utilities. 20. Participated in Chapter 7 bankruptcy auctions. Thanks

Is this a resume?! Are you posting this here hoping someone will email a job managing money? Or are you rather listing your credentials (in an interesting choice of layout and verbage) and asking for advice about how to break into AM? It seems to me that if all this is true (especially the 100% return), you’d be better off either trading for yourself, or finding a couple clients and starting on your own. Also this: > 14. It is my dream to be one of the greatest > investors during my lifetime. is awesome. Made me laugh out loud.

Did we had a discussion about posting personal investing result as part of a resume??

rameshrrs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >OBJECTIVE >I would like to buy any asset at clearance prices. You should consider working for the US Gov’t.

My favourite: 6. Bought Whole Foods stock when it was around $38 due to concerns about wild oats and amplified worries. In less than 3 months It reached around 52. I would like to hold that stock forever absent a major thing. Yeah, I’d also like to hold all my investments forever absent a major thing…like them falling in price

This is hilarious. Nice post OP.

My favourite: “My father does not have any stock market education only courage.”

comparing CFA with Hravard MBA finance Posted by: rameshrrs (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: August 22, 2005 12:01PM I would like to know which is bettter and where and why? Thanks, rameshrrs

Ramesh - Do the Harvard thing. They will love the resume. Please CC me on all communication.

I think this was written by a Pakistani…

louisville, I think we all know it ain’t for real…

rameshrrs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 19. Knowledgeable and able to find moats in > Health Care, Consumer Services, Business Services, > Banks, Asset Management and Insurance, Software, > Hardware, Media, Telecom, Consumer Goods, > Industrial Materials, Energy and Utilities. This is the answer that’s given when asked, “what industry are you most comfortable with?” Makes you wonder how the rest of us can ever get a chance to make money.

this just made my night.

there is just way too much material to work with here…

The Chuck Norris of AF

Is this a resume or a joke? Forget about IM …I wonder how you even got a job in IT. 3. Predicted dollar loosing value when buffet’s bets against dollar is not working…soros of 21st century in making. 11. I grew up in a small village till my 15 years and studied in big city till 8 years in India. Spend 8 years in USA in two different states Virginia and New Jersey. My parents and lot of relatives still live in rural and urban parts of India. This way I can get better connect investment themes globally. … like anybody care…why would you mention this in your resume? “In March 2007 I purchased a handyman special house for the price of land. With 10K of improvements house came to good condition. With another 10K it will go top great condition. I am looking around 50K plus profit even in the downturn. This shows my street smartness not just paper smart. Even after I purchased real estate I wish it is going to crash further so we can buy lot of investment properties. Planning to buy at least one investment property in 2009…” This doesnt make you a superior analyst…Street Smarters dont come and post their resume on AF…dumb people do. 1.Made approximately 100% return on my personal assets of around 200K in 3 years… Become a day trader if you can make 100% return…why the f*ck you want to work for someone else if you are that good… " I feel investing is like a game where one can make money while having fun."… It is an enjoyable game until you start losing money… “Strong in Economics, Financial Statement Analysis, Equity, Derivates, Fixed Income and alternative assets valuation and portfolio management. 18. 10+ years of strong Business Analyst\Software development experience and understanding of Trading, Mortgages, Fixed Income Securities, Electronic Chips, Equity, B2B, Retail, Telecom, Networking, IT Consulting and Government contractors. 19. Knowledgeable and able to find moats in Health Care, Consumer Services, Business Services, Banks, Asset Management and Insurance, Software, Hardware, Media, Telecom, Consumer Goods, Industrial Materials, Energy and Utilities.” Is there anything you don’t know, sir? If possible delete this thread and dont make fool out of yourself. Try careerbuilder or monster…

^Right on!!

>I personally have a top-down and bottom-up combined approach. Like Friday night it’s bottom then Saturday night it’s top?

This will go down as a classic … 17. Strong in Economics, Financial Statement Analysis, Equity, Derivates, Fixed Income and alternative assets valuation and portfolio management. Wow … On a more serious note I would suggest working on your English communication skills …I’m sure your a smart guy but you need to be able to communicate your ideas better .

i think this is too perfect to be a fake there is no way i could come up with a wealth of material this golden off the top of my head.