looking for an opportunity in the asset management field

Specifics my friend, I don’t believe the asset management company will be able to sell these returns to customers. 1. Made approximately 100% return on my personal assets of around 200K in 3 years.

You are hired!!!

Apart from the non-standard structure, some non-standard content in the resume, and posting inappropriately here, I think Ramesh has some relevant skills/experience for investment. If only I had some of his passion and experience to talk about in my interviews, I would be in a better shape. I fail to understand why so many people on this board are so fond of making fun rather than contributing in a positive way. Ramesh, as cfaboston28 suggested, post your resume on careerbuilder or monster. Also, you may want to google or use a book to format your resume in a standard way. I think you need to remove from the resume the non-relevant stuff like details about your parents and some of the detailed investment activities. You could put some of these in a cover letter instead to show your passion for investing.

It cant be real…he hasnt replied has he?

Thanks a lot to all the replies. I have a portfolio of 500K approx . I dont think i can make living out of trading on 500K. I have been doing long term investing. These days ocassionally doing short term trading. This my trade for the day. Going long on S&P today and sell 30 minutes after house vote.

Buddham, People are making fun of him because of irrelavant information they have ever seen on resume. I have seen resumes from junior/senior year students which are flawless and 100 times better than this one. This guy has more than 10 years of exp and still his resume looks like “I am the man” / “Let me boast about myself” / " You all are losers". 90% of managers will throw this resume out while screening and rest 10% would call him just to see how this freak is. rameshrrs, For help : google “resume templates” and make your resume on that. Try BO/MO jobs in some financial company and then try to get internal transfer. After working 10+ years in the same industry, it would be very tough for you to get in the industry especially when there are more qualified people looking for jobs in the industry. You might also have to compromise with the salary if somebody hires you for an entry level job.

I am still shaking my head…hahahaha…this made my day.

500K is a lot…if you make 25% return on that by (long - short) which is 125K (deduct 28% for short-term taxes) which is like 85-90K. I dont think that you would be able to make this much money (base salary) if you join asset asset manager. (Bonuses are depend on how much money company made in that period… also asset managers (Mutual fund etc) cannot short stock so if market is bad so is their performance.) Dude, As you are clamining that you have made 100% return…why dont you double your 500K into a million…

How many people keep reading, over and over, the OP?

I was lucky to have that 100% return . I do not think i can replicate that again. Thanks for suggetion regarding working myself. I am already doing that. Oneday hopefully by god’s grace and lot of luck, i will take the role of my illusionary mentor warren buffett. I am happy to make lot of people laugh. I think that is what really counts when you leave this earth.

I am not sure what is the currency for the 500K amount? Ramesh, is it Rs. or US$?

$

rameshrrs Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was lucky to have that 100% return . I do not > think i can replicate that again. Thanks for > suggetion regarding working myself. I am already > doing that. Oneday hopefully by god’s grace and > lot of luck, i will take the role of my > illusionary mentor warren buffett. I am happy to > make lot of people laugh. I think that is what > really counts when you leave this earth. I hope you replace Buffett after he dies. People will follow you like they do when buffett buys or sells anything… How about joining a circus if making people laugh counts…

kevinf12 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How many people keep reading, over and over, the > OP? me. every time i discover some gem that i missed on prior reads To the OP: since you seem serious, here is what I would do if I were you: 1) Put together a standard resume mentioning (but not overly stressing) your investing experience. A resume service may be helpful, or an english speaking friend that is familiar with the format would also help. 2) Prepare a 1 page simple presentation of your performance in your own account, highlighting your approach (you need to distill it down and simplify it) 3) Attach this and the resume to a cover letter (WITH PERFECT ENGLISH) that is professional, but displays the enthusiasm you have 4) Post to various job search websites like efinancialcareers, check the CFA jobline, etc. Also send directly to the types of firms you would like to work for. If you can find email addresses above HR, that helps Even though you dont have experience in the field, results dont lie. So if you really have accomplished this, and can back it up, you might get some recognition. It would be a shame to be tossed in the trash just because of your present format. Good luck.

Ramesh, Hiring managers want to see what they expect in a resume, i.e institutional experience and not personal investing feats. There is basically a template you would have to follow to get into a meaningful asset management position (i.e internship at a good company while in college, entry level FO position, then promotions, etc). Stick to IT, channel money into your own portfolio. Once it is large enough, you can be your own asset manager.

Thanks a lot Farney. You prpved that spirit is more important than the result.

he should make a video of this. although… it is questionable whether he can serve a ball 100+ mph like vayner

This thread reminds me of that scene in Full Metal Jacket, where the guys hold Gomer Pile down to his bed and beat him with the soap. What’s the point of being a jerk to some random guy on an internet forum? I mean, ok, maybe it wasn’t the best resume in the world and it’s kind of a goofy place to have posted a resume, but this was just tasteless.

WTF is a moat?

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/economicmoat.asp has to do with the relative competitive advantage of a company legitimate investing terminology before you are so quick to beat up on someone