looking for an opportunity in the asset management field

farney Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/economicmoat.a > sp > > > has to do with the relative competitive advantage > of a company > legitimate investing terminology before you are so > quick to beat up on someone If anyone I worked with ever used that term I would donkey kick them in the nads.

Guess you won’t be working for Warren Buffet then.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Guess you won’t be working for Warren Buffet then. haha guess he didnt read the link

Ramesh, A resume is a tools to get you into the doorstep of companies. Now remember Employers have to search into 1000 of Resume, and they usually do that by using key words. So for you to imporve you chance of being selected, you have to make your resume searchale, and one fundamental way of doing that is to follow some standards and to format you experience in the way that hiring manager understand. As many suggested you can find some resumes template with google, or use the services of compagnies like Vault… Once you past those compagnie threshold, then you flaunt your extensive skills. I’m not working in the financial filed right now, but i’m sure many people here can help you restructure your resume. Good Luck

rameshrrs forgot: 21. Designed the currency trading basket for pegging the renminbi, while on holidays. Received thank you note from the Chinese communist party

Dear Warren: I sincerely did not know that you engaged in such douchebagery by coining the term “economic moat.” Although I have heard that term used as part of the financial nomemclature previously, it’s origin had up until this point remained a mystery to me. However, this in no way dimishes your accomplishmets as a vulture investor in my eyes. I will not be donkey kicking you in the nads and wish we can remain good friends. Yours Truly, Equity Analyst ps. Can you sign and return to me your enclosed new biography, thanks?

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > WTF is a moat? i am surprised tp see this come from you, man. “equity analyst” this is buy side 101.

Look, I know what the term means, but I can say that I have never heard anyone use it before in any context related to competitive advantage, etc. I certainly have never seen it used in any research reports and I have read thousands. Maybe I need to get out more.

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Look, I know what the term means, but I can say > that I have never heard anyone use it before in > any context related to competitive advantage, etc. > I certainly have never seen it used in any > research reports and I have read thousands. Maybe > I need to get out more. no worries, just messing with you. yeah, buffett coined it, it is in his work, and pat dorsey ripped it and used it in all his books. also, b school uses it too and the buy side loves it. blah blah blah: ROIC>WACC = wide or narrow moat. it is a great concept, but overused. morningstar did a GREAT job commercializing it and milking the f*** out of the cow. think buffett + porter.

Ok - so is this post for real? I still can’t figure it out. I have been to Asia, but never India and I thought most people knew basic resume writing skills. Don’t they teach you that in undergrad at most colleges/universities worldwide? CV/Resume writing? Not trying to bag on you, Ramesh - just trying to understand.

two words before you tackle the resume: learn english

projectplatnyc Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok - so is this post for real? I still can’t > figure it out. I have been to Asia, but never > India and I thought most people knew basic resume > writing skills. Don’t they teach you that in > undergrad at most colleges/universities worldwide? > CV/Resume writing? > > Not trying to bag on you, Ramesh - just trying to > understand. It is not like India/Asia…it is more like do you want it to look professional or not. Anyone can get template of professional resume by just google it. It is more like does anyone want to put an effort to search it or not?