Lunch break strategy

Given the sytle of the L2 exam, one of the topics has got to be omitted from the morning section. I would think it might econ, quant, pm or derivatives, maybe even bonds. During the lunch break, knowing that you are 100% going to see the topic omitted, are you going to study this topic or just relax and clear your mind, saving your mental energy for 2-5pm? I’m thinking that i’ll have to study the omitted the topic.

i’m going to eat. and that is it.

If something is noticeably absent and is a section that is weighted to lists, tables, etc… I would definately brush up on it just so it’s fresh. On LI GIPS was noticeably absent on the AM, I gave it a quick read and sure enought there were a couple of freebies on the PM. Edit: And I’m going to grab a coffee, I was so jacked up for the morning that I didn’t think I’d need anything to keep me going for the afternoon. Sure enough I crashed from the rush and found myself losing focus at various points in the afternoon, it was a scary feeling worth avoiding.

I’m absolutely going to study at lunch. Econ, derivatives, quant, and fixed income are all areas I’m rather iffy on, and if I know for sure that one or two of them is going to be tested in the second half then I can’t not study for it. I’ll try and relax some too but, with a test like this, an extra one or two points could be the difference between passing and failing, and if I think looking it over once more might help me at all then I’m going to do it.

I’m not taking anything with me no book no nothing didn’t do it last year the story JDV told us really worked I usually look at the people that study and think I have a psihological advantage over them Confidence is an important thing

To clarify, by “study” I mean to look over the Quicksheet and maybe some notes I have on the topic. No way am I going to try and race through the whole debt or quant section in a lunch hour.

I’m not going to do anything but eat, chill and talk about the weather.

I might leave.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I might leave. your going to pass this thing easy. Wish I knew 3/4 of what you know.

Last year I hit the gym and rode the bike for 30 minutes just to clear my mind. It worked! Boston is in a new location this year, so I’m not sure what my strategy will be.

I am going to take some Book 6 stuff soon…we will see how much I know.

I’m not talking to anybody. I’m going to a deli, sitting down and eating by myself, and then walking back. I am not bringing ANY books. Not even an Ipod…I just want to relax.

It’s probably going to be 90 Degrees and sunny on that day…and the only place to eat is at a nearby Pub with a Huge Patio…so I’m going to curse at all the happy people drinking Corona’s and a having a generally good time.

I’m going to change my underwear after the morning Port. Mgmt. section.

Wear Depends…it’ll prevent Leakage…which could land you a Public Censure from the Institute.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am going to take some Book 6 stuff soon…we > will see how much I know. We saw how much dinesh knew - it was more than he thought. I have the same wager on you! (I’m not a betting man so don’t make me regret it lol)

I might read the printed answers from Book 6.

cfabermy Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wear Depends…it’ll prevent Leakage…which > could land you a Public Censure from the > Institute. Anyone know someone that works for NASA…I might be in the market for some of those astronaut diapers.

Start studying for Level 3.

Sponge_Bob_CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfabermy Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Wear Depends…it’ll prevent Leakage…which > > could land you a Public Censure from the > > Institute. > > > Anyone know someone that works for NASA…I might > be in the market for some of those astronaut > diapers. not me, If I let it go… I want all the candidates around me to feel the hurt!