MAGA

A judge seems to have fixed this:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/judge-blocks-order-limiting-texas-031652253.html

not worth the damage. usually there are 9 million dead per year from hunger. id bet there will be 5 million more people around the world dying from starvation due to covid. we are saving old people in 1st world countries at the expense of young people dying in 3rd world countries.

1 Like

I don’t see how wearing a mask on a train slows down an economy? In fact, it probably helps open it sooner as it will likely dampen future outbreaks.

Hey, but at least we get to feel good about ourselves, right?! The world has gone mad, mark my words :slight_smile: Mark my words :slight_smile:

appeals court issued a temporary stay

the week: Appeals court issues temporary stay on ruling blocking Texas drop box limit

in a bizarre twist of events, Taliban, of all groups, support Trump’s campaign.

msn / newsweek: Taliban Endorses Trump Re-Election Campaign, Hopes for Total US Troop Withdrawal from Afghanistan

white supremacists and terror groups love Trump.

Yes, a panel of three judges in Texas, all Trump appointees, put a stay in place regarding the drop boxes.

I saw a comment elsewhere that I’ll paraphrase here… the state of election law in the US is that there are weird places where “democracy” doesn’t mean quite what you think it might mean. In those places, it’s not the state’s job to make voting easy for its citizens. Rather, citizens have to jump through multiple hoops to vote.

In an age when we can use our phones to order hundreds of dollars worth of goods shipped to our door, or when, as a landlord, my tenants can pay me directly from their bank account to mine using an app, somehow voting is a process that needs to be difficult?

Voting needs to be secure and free of fraud. Some people think that mail-in ballots are neither of those two things.

Plus–mail-in ballots are more likely to get rejected or otherwise miscounted, which will undoubtedly cause a major fight between the two gangs. Which will lead to both claiming victory. Which will lead to Trump bullying anyone and everyone he can until he gets his way.

Cool. Voting secure and free of fraud? Perhaps by the next general election many of us can vote via our phones using an app and have some sort of vote certification. Why not?

“Voting fraud” is the windmill that Republicans tilt at so that they can justify various methods of “voter suppression.”

It would be nice if Republicans cared as much about voting rights as they do about gun rights.

lol voting by mail is prolly better than voting in person. id like to google my info. instead of just randomly circling things like most retards in the polls.

it has hot chicks, stats, but is libtard leaning.

First, Trump tries to make it sound as though Fauci is saying that he (Trump) did a great job fighting COVID.

Then, when Fauci said that he wasn’t talking about Trump and that his quote was taken out of context and spliced into an ad that deliberately misrepresented its meaning, Trump attacked him for his (Fauci’s) mistakes about COVID.

Trump’s scum.

And stupid scum at that: why would Trump want an endorsement from someone he considers incompetent?

So . . . to accomplish that, the California Republican Party has set up illegal drop boxes for ballots, giving themselves a ripe opportunity for committing the very sort of voter fraud they’re decrying.

LAIST: fake ballot boxes

this explains why the republican party is setting up fake drop boxes throughout the country, though maybe it was already obvious. some of those fake drop boxes look like trash cans…

I get the potential fraud security blah blah blah, but it seems absolutely archaic that we still can’t vote using our phones in 2020. I don’t even go out to get groceries anymore. Home bunker in full effect. Online or GTFO.

1 Like

I think blockchain may have the potential to solve this, although some experts (such as those from Scientific American) seem to disagree. There was a paper from Plymouth (students?) outlining how it could work.
Digital Voting with the use of Blockchain Technology (pdf)

or maybe their suggestion is flawed in some way. i don’t know.

Terd wrong again lmao

Yashar Ali :elephant: (@yashar) Tweeted:
New: ‘Unmasking’ probe commissioned by Barr quietly concludes without charges or any public report.

@shaneharris @mattzap report

Why does it always come back to Russia?

I wonder how much Trump owes Russia. We may never know, but I can only assume that the amount is substantial - probably why he is desperately trying to hide his taxes again.

Motherjones strongly suggests that the main reason Trump wants to become President is so that he can force banks to extends their loans. Half a billion dollar in debt is no joke.
[Mothe Jones: Trump Has a Half Billion in Loans Coming Due. They May Be His Biggest Conflict of Interest Yet.]

(https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2020/06/donald-trump-loans-deutsche-bank/)

So…the CEO of the National Enquirer is named Pecker.

Huh. It’s almost like Trump considers himself president of the states that he won in 2016, and not President of the United States. (BTW, nearly 4.5 million Californians voted for Trump in 2016 but our ridiculous electoral college makes those votes worthless.)