Masters of Science in Finance?

I’m not sure I want to say online…

joemontana Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > dinesh.sundrani Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > joemontana Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I’m currently a full time MSF student. I can > > > email you if you want. > > > > joemontana - appreciate your thoughs on MFE > > programs. Could you email me at > > dinesh.sundrani@gmail.com > > > > Will be taking my GRE in last week of Dec > > I can’t say much aout MFE programs. I did not > apply to any because I lack the required computer > programming skills, and some of the math > undergraduate requirements. > > MSF are more generalized finance programs than MFE > or MSQF. They want good quant scores on the GMAT, > but do not require heavy math backgrounds. To > make the minmimal academic requirements for the > (good) MFE programs, you had to have had a > math/quant type undergrad. The real confusion really lies in whether MSF or MFE or MSQF. I don’t want to be a Quant! So this eliminates MFE and MSQF leaving MSF as the only choice. Do drop me a mail and I will discuss it offline. Thanks!

Dinesh, I’m in an MSF program.

ohh yea Swanny … Talk to you then. Just need to bounce back ideas about the overall undertaking.

I did the MSF…I would recommend it. I wouldn’t say it’s helped in my career to the extent of going to Harvard, but it certainly hasn’t hurt. A lot of the material covered goes hand in hand with the CFA program A kid in the program with we was right out of undergrad. He wanted to do I-Banking, but couldn’t get in right out of shool, so he did the program and was able to get after he graduated

jrs you have pumped me even more now!

I’m in the Villanova MSF right now, is why I was asking. Anyhow, yeah we should meet up and talk about it Dinesh. There are definitely both pro’s and cons to this.

Sure bud, Lemme know when you are in NYC. Good that you didn’t come the other day as it was too windy and raining heavily the whole evening & night.

Will do, email me if you have any questions about the program Dinesh. I like the alter ego screen name.

Crap, Last post I just forgot to logout… BS you have 2 id’s too? :wink:

hehe, nope.

I went to Boston College for mine…good stuff

projectplatnyc - I don’t think I have the credentials to gain deferred acceptance to an MBA program(3.3 GPA at Univ of Mich, haven’t taken the GMAT yet), and even if that were possible, not sure how much that would help in the short term. Joe and Black Swan - If you have the time and wouldn’t mind, can you send an email my way to give me a little more insight into this degree? I’d really like to hear more about the pros and cons, and more detail regarding admissions process, competitiveness, etc. I listed my email on the previous page. jrs - While I’m sure it doesn’t help ones career as going to Harvard would, I’m trying to see if the $20,000-$40,000 investment can be justified and how highly regarded the degree is. Before I start setting the wheels in motion, I want to do as much research as possible, because that is certainly a sizable investment in both money and time (studying for GMAT, filling out apps, foregoing a potential job, though the job front isn’t looking promising, etc.). It’s been some time (~4 years) since I’ve really looked into any type of admissions processes for programs and such, so, I don’t know how competitive the admissions are for these programs. If the less competitive schools offer respectable career ops after earning a MSF, etc. Again, if you or anyone else who is involved or has completed the program, feels more comfortable discussing this over email, please shoot me an email. Thanks!

Crushin Natties Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Will do, email me if you have any questions about > the program Dinesh. I like the alter ego screen > name. If you are not Black Swan :wink: Please lend me your email address as I want to know more abt MSF

I will send an email later this week to those who are interested in hearing more. Tough time right now.

which option is better for corporate finance division for an IB - MBA, MSF, CFA?

sumz Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > which option is better for corporate finance > division for an IB - MBA, MSF, CFA? I don’t see the MSF or CFA adding much value…so MBA

Fremantle Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sumz Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > which option is better for corporate finance > > division for an IB - MBA, MSF, CFA? > > > I don’t see the MSF or CFA adding much value…so > MBA Fremantle, do you have any of the above? If not your post is pointless. Use your time wisely. Just a suggestion

of course it does…just load up on the corp finance side of things instead of the investments side? again, just from a finance perspective…if you want to take org behavior and all that crap, then of course the mba is better

Hello everyone, I am thinking of applying to an MSF program too… Joe - if you could add me to your email list, it would be great. Thanks.