May 2021 Level 3 Exam Results

That is a truly vicious pass rate, yikes!

I wouldnt be so worried over CFA level 3 exam MPS… maybe a minor correction.

On the other side, CFA level 2 exam is the one where i expect a blood bath when results come out.

1 Like

The point is, CFAI doubled the number of times you can take CFA exam in a year. For this reason, they need to reduce the % of those who pass per instance.

If you keep in mind that last time it was 44%, technically they increased the % of people who pass from 22% to 25%.

1 Like

ha that actually makes sense.

1 Like

I would second that for a moment… we will need additional data to prove that, as in my opinion, the candidats that could have taken the exam only once in previous years will disperse now in two new dates (probably given the geographical dispersion). I mean, CFA Level 1 exam has two dates for some years now if I am correct, so actually nothing new happened there…(except the higher MPS probably)

1 Like

I think candidates could appear for Level 1 in May as well as December even before in the paper based format. Not entirely sure the frequency of exam should affect the pass percentage for Level 1. This could, however be true for L2 and 3.

1 Like

You are right. I would only add that CFAI has likely given them a break and now adjusted the pass rate but it is a guess.

1 Like

Hope tomorrow’s May 2021 L2 results will be more typical than the L1 ones. Not that it changes anything at this point, but that would be a friendlier L3 signal regardless.

1 Like

40% for level 2.

1 Like

40% looks far more traditional. Folks scoring under 50% in some sections still passed apparently, some with high results compared to their peers. At least it’s not another 25% type pass rate. My L1 and L2 were 43% and 44% respectively, probably others have similar experiences.

This means the LIII would be upward of 51% but less than 55%.

My LI was 38%, LII 46% and LIII 55 or 56%

1 Like

I scored under 50% in derivatives, under 70 (slightly below the 70 percent line) in quant but above 70 in all other topics. Scored very well in FI, FRA, Equity and Ethics. so this probably helped a lot.

1 Like

This is a typical sort of L2 outcome, by the way. Congratulations!

1 Like

40% for level 2 is the lowest in the history.

No it isn’t the lowest by a long shot. It’s been in the low 30s and high 30s before. It’s low but nowhere near lowest. And 40% has happened before, too. Low 40s isn’t atypical. Mine was 44%.

Stress season is due! Congratulations to all of those L2 candidates who passed the exams and are now here. Good luck to all of us poor souls and hope our CFA chapter ends in a week’s time!

5 Likes

Congratulations to all Level II folks that passed. Given everything we have been through its quite the achievement. I am trying to live this week as if I passed. Between work and all the other stuff still I think about this thing more often than I would like. Good luck to everyone in this chat for next Tuesday.

4 Likes

Totally agree! Great mindset.

I tried the ‘access your exam results’ button on the CFAinstitute.org website (such a great website :wink: but unfortunately it gave an error message… I wonder if they will be so clever to upload the results before sending out an email — I would not be surprised :smiley:

1 Like

Lol I did same earlier too :joy:

In any case Tuesday is approaching! Cheers and good luck everyone.