Mayweather v. Pacquiao

i think there migh tbe a setup where nayweather loses to get a rematch and earn double the purse next fight.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/21/manny-pacquiao-sees-candy-chocolates-floyd-mayweather-video/

I’m betting a house on $ . -185

If money truly is shrewd. hed lose this fight. ask for anotehr rematch. and get another $300m

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/05/mike-tyson-floyd-mayweather-beef-police-raid?utm_campaign=complexmag%2Bsocialflow%2B05%2B2015&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

Probably not a lot of people can access imgur from work, but this sums up my feelings on the fight pretty well.

http://imgur.com/tfrYpAW

So it’s just as bad to beat your wife as to have opinions on social mores?

Yes, that’s exactly what it means.

Or, it’s just that both guys are total douchebags and the best outcome would be a split decision so they have to fight again and hopefully beat themselves into dementia.

So instead of reading the text in the meme you provided, you’re instead suggesting that people with opinions on social mores that differ from your own should be beaten into dementia?

^Do you really want to dive into Filipino politics this afternoon?

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to answer your question. Yes, what I wrote above should be taken absolutely literally.

The meme didn’t refer to Filipino politics specifically. It just suggested that it would be a hard call to prefer that the winner be the woman-beater or the person who has a different view of social mores (in a different country, even!) than you. The ambiguity suggests a pretty skewed moral compass.

I found that hard to reconcile since the intent was obviously to express some sort of moral superiority.

Well there’s our problem. It was only a joke. I ripped it off the front page of Reddit because I thought it was timely and slightly funny. However, there is a point to the meme. Neither guy is really easy to root for if you know much about them.

Everyone knows Floyd is an asshole (though I wasn’t aware he’s beaten five different women in 14 years. That’s a different type of asshole right there). Many people will root for Manny by default. Fact is Manny has been a pretty represive force in the Philippines. I really don’t want to discuss the political climate in the Philippines at the moment, but it’s a pretty damn corrupt place and Manny has a lot of pull.

TL;DR: Both guys are assholes. By an order of magnitude, Floyd is a worse person, but Manny isn’t exactly easy to root for either.

I don’t think the fact that he’s a politician in a corrupt country necessarily makes him corrupt. But I turned to Google and found out that he campaigned for Harry Reid. So maybe you’re onto something.

Despite his left-leaning politics, I’m pulling for Manny just because he has a great life story and is the underdog. I don’t know the specifics of his politics and I don’t think it matters in the ring whether he’s for gay marriage or not.

^In the ring it doesn’t matter at all. Perhaps to put an American perspective on it, it’s like Floyd is fighting Harry Reid. Would you really cheer for Harry just because Floyd is a worse human, or would you just want to watch a good fight and - maybe, just maybe - hope for some minor head injuries all around?

Manny is an actual senator for those that an unaware.

He is a pretty crappy senator though (or whatever you call it in the Philippines). He is never present in congress meetings and he has passed no legislation in his political career. Basically, his constituents are getting no representation. Of course, Pacqiaou is so beloved that no one seems to care.

He does give a lot of money to poor people. It seems like that’s how politics works around there though…

A lot of overnight boxing fans in the office. What gives?

^ It’s the biggest event in the sport ever so it’s getting people fired up.

Should be epic though, I’ve got big money Pacquiao.

^ lol nice.

I was rooting for Floyd, something cool about seeing astronomical records continually being extended - even if he’s a giant d-bag.