MBA Apps

just submitted my first one for the season, to my dream school. hint - big time nyc. anyone else out there going through the motions?

All the best, mate.

Good luck. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Just submitted mine… For new credit card, 0% APR for 12 months - sweet

comp_sci_kid Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Just submitted mine… > > For new credit card, 0% APR for 12 months - sweet Which card is this? I only found 9 months.

Lowe’s

im gonna submit to 2nd round for most schools… My dream school, 2nd biggest in Cali.

how much time did u guys spend on writing it?

My employment situation is evolving rapidly so I pushed the GMAT back a few weeks and still looking at round 2’s, except I’m limiting my apps to top tier schools only at this point, ie. ones that I’m willing to potentially give up a large monetary payout to attend. That list currently numbers exactly two schools.

UoP and DeVry?

Just curious, what style should the essays be written in? Should i use a more personal/casual tone, or business/professional tone?

i used professional for my goals essay and casual for the supplementary essays. prolly spent 2 weeks on this school. i’m targeting mostly the top brands too, but somehow never got attracted to cali. maybe i need to reconsider.

Anyone know where to find the recommendation questions for Chicago Booth? BTW - i’m applying to 4 schools in rd 1…two down, two to go!

Good Luck guys! I will apply to Booth & a “big time nyc” school in a yr or 2. Wish you the best!

I am not sure which big-time NYC school people keep referring to. NYU is borderline second-tier and even Columbia can’t compete in overall reputation (especially outside of Wall Street) with the likes of Harvard and Wharton.

what about big time CA schools?

They’re referring to Columbia…and I’m guessing its early-decision if you just applied now? I believe rolling admissions begins in January.

Columbia is nasty for finance dude. You’ve never looked at their employment report. Way, way more people go to wall street. HBS only has an edge for PE.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am not sure which big-time NYC school people > keep referring to. This is coming from a guy who thinks Yale is better than CSB.

Yeah, Columbia is strong on the buy side whereas NYU caters to the sell-side, generally. So many grads go into consulting though from these top names…