MBA Apps

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am not sure which big-time NYC school people > > keep referring to. > > This is coming from a guy who thinks Yale is > better than CSB. Yale has cache outside of Wall Street. Columbia doesn’t. Ask any yokel from Wyoming if he’s ever heard of Columiba and he’ll tell you he can’t stand them drug dealers from Bogota.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > buyicide Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > I am not sure which big-time NYC school > people > > > keep referring to. > > > > This is coming from a guy who thinks Yale is > > better than CSB. > > Yale has cache outside of Wall Street. Columbia > doesn’t. Ask any yokel from Wyoming if he’s ever > heard of Columiba and he’ll tell you he can’t > stand them drug dealers from Bogota. But will you ever be applying for a job with the yokel from Wyoming?

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > But will you ever be applying for a job with the > yokel from Wyoming? Exactly. Plus, Yale MBA is a fairly new program and isn’t really that respected anywhere.

Yale however has some sick finance profs: Shiller Swensen Ibbotson Fabozzi Barberis Zhiwu Chen and they are very accessible to SOM students.

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > steph96 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > > > But will you ever be applying for a job with > the > > yokel from Wyoming? > > > Exactly. Plus, Yale MBA is a fairly new program > and isn’t really that respected anywhere. Kinda sorta. If you ask an international student (personal experience with two guys from London and Moscow respectively), they hold Yale in high regard because of the Yale name. So I guess if the Yale MBA has a defined monopoly market, it is overseas.

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > buyicide Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > steph96 Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > > > > But will you ever be applying for a job with > > the > > > yokel from Wyoming? > > > > > > Exactly. Plus, Yale MBA is a fairly new > program > > and isn’t really that respected anywhere. > > Kinda sorta. If you ask an international student > (personal experience with two guys from London and > Moscow respectively), they hold Yale in high > regard because of the Yale name. So I guess if the > Yale MBA has a defined monopoly market, it is > overseas. Agree. I’ve spoken to a lot of people about applying to b-school, by far and away when I speak to people outside NYC and outside of Wall Street they have a big-O when I mention that I’m considering applying to Yale and no reaction when I mention Columbia. And re: yokel from Wyoming, not all business gets done in a boardroom on Park Avenue. I have a friend who used to be an investment banker in New York and started a real estate company in the midwest after the dot com crash. He drives around in jeans and flannel shirts in a pickup truck and made millions doing deals with yokels who control large sums of money all across the country. These are the types of people who think Yale is hot sh!t and Columbia is home to MattLikesCocaine.

iheartiheartmath I’m presenlty a fist year at Yale SOM email me at my user name @ gmail.com if yoiu have any questions about the program

Thanks, I think I may be applying round 2 so we’ll see how that turns out.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks, I think I may be applying round 2 so we’ll > see how that turns out. good luck let me know if you have any questions btw I applied 2nd round as well.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks, I think I may be applying round 2 so we’ll > see how that turns out. Go donkey go … I’m sure someone with your PowerPoint expertise will have no problem getting admitted at a big school in Wyoming. Seriously, all your posts are about some imaginary successful friend making millions doing nothing. What is it you do exactly donkey? What do you know about Columbia that 90% of us don’t ? So your clown friend in Wyoming said “wow” when you said Yale and didn’t say a word when you said “Columbia” :slight_smile: … Fantastic argument …

mo34 must hate Yale because too many white people go there.

Have fun: http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2009_07/gayivy_033.html Editors’ Note Why They Call Yale the “Gay Ivy” July/August 2009 by the Editors Yale has been widely known as the Gay Ivy since at least 1987, when Julie V. Iovine '77 declared in the Wall Street Journal, “Suddenly Yale is a gay school.” She didn’t offer serious evidence, but she had evidently hit on something true, because the concept stuck. Today, Yale’s reputation as the Gay Ivy is familiar to most students and younger alumni – it’s even included in Yale’s entry on Wikipedia, that useful guide to the common wisdom. It goes on and on…

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 must hate Yale because too many white people > go there. Actually I never met anyone from Yale. However we have many Columbia graduates where I work. All sharp and successful. Definitely not the reputation you give in your idiotic posts.

How many of them are white?

mzwerner: Please don’t get offended - that was meant as a jab at IHIHM. Yale MBA is a fine program. I just have a Columbia and Uchicago hangup.

out of 223 students in the class of 2011 I think there are only 2 or 3 gay people? buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have fun: > > http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2009_07/g > ayivy_033.html > > Editors’ Note > Why They Call Yale the “Gay Ivy” > July/August 2009 > by the Editors > > Yale has been widely known as the Gay Ivy since at > least 1987, when Julie V. Iovine '77 declared in > the Wall Street Journal, “Suddenly Yale is a gay > school.” She didn’t offer serious evidence, but > she had evidently hit on something true, because > the concept stuck. Today, Yale’s reputation as the > Gay Ivy is familiar to most students and younger > alumni – it’s even included in Yale’s entry on > Wikipedia, that useful guide to the common > wisdom. > > > It goes on and on…

I couldn’t care less if every dude there was g@y, means more chicks for me.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I couldn’t care less if every dude there was g@y, > means more chicks for me. Um yeah on the chick front not so much (30%). Most are married…

Undergrads then.

buyicide Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Have fun: > > http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/2009_07/g > ayivy_033.html > > Editors’ Note > Why They Call Yale the “Gay Ivy” > July/August 2009 > by the Editors > > Yale has been widely known as the Gay Ivy since at > least 1987, when Julie V. Iovine '77 declared in > the Wall Street Journal, “Suddenly Yale is a gay > school.” She didn’t offer serious evidence, but > she had evidently hit on something true, because > the concept stuck. Today, Yale’s reputation as the > Gay Ivy is familiar to most students and younger > alumni – it’s even included in Yale’s entry on > Wikipedia, that useful guide to the common > wisdom. > > > It goes on and on… interesting, there was a reference to that in the movie American Psycho with Christian Bale… never figured out the context until now