Mba dings/admits for F09

I’m getting increasingly worried about this competitive applicant pool. Has anyone started hearing back? Would you mind sharing your profile and results? I’ll do the same once I hear back myself.

Good luck BB

Check out gmatclub.com. They have a good forum for the MBA applicant crowd.

I agree with Chuck - www.gmatclub.com . I’m still waiting on my schools… Will keep ya’ll updated

Just as an update, I think I’ll be getting dinged from Stanford. Only ~3 weeks left until admits are sent out and no interview invite. I was sure I’d at least get in for an interview. I guess it’s true that they are on the lookout for unique circumstances more than elite gmat/gpa and solid experience in finance.

Question: if you get an executive MBA at say Columbia do you have to put “executive MBA” on your resume or can you just put “MBA”?

I’ve always wondered that too.

Here’s my experience: Columbia R2: Interview 2/7 - dinged a week ago Stern R1: Counting down: admissions will notify me within 3 days Cornell: R3: Interview Invitation Georgetown (safety): Interviewed this past Friday Best of luck

I’m not sure about how the universities suggest you list this, but it would be very wise to state it was an executive MBA. I think not doing so would be misleading if for no other reason it’s a different curriculum with different requirements. I knew a girl that went to Harvard and yakked all the time about it. We later found out she went to Harvard extension school. That’s sorta similar.

rice round 1 - in

Round 1 and 2 dings - only managed to get a waitlist. Probably my essay isn’t strong enough for them T_T Any dings from this year planned to re-apply next year?

JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Question: if you get an executive MBA at say > Columbia do you have to put “executive MBA” on > your resume or can you just put “MBA”? Put whatever it says on your diploma. I have an exec MBA and it still just says “master of business administration.”

juventurd Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > JohnThainsLimoDriver Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Question: if you get an executive MBA at say > > Columbia do you have to put “executive MBA” on > > your resume or can you just put “MBA”? > > > Put whatever it says on your diploma. I have an > exec MBA and it still just says “master of > business administration.” You still have the date overlap on your resume though…

has mba school become harder to get into now? i heard also that less ppl are applying because they dont have the money or cant get loans.

Yeah man, graduate schools are ghost towns these days. No “ppl” are applying anymore because there are so many “ppl” employed especially on Wall Street where “ppl” are too busy making bars to bother going to school like normal “ppl” do in recessions.

Put Executive MBA, it’s a different degree.

ozzie123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Round 1 and 2 dings - only managed to get a > waitlist. Probably my essay isn’t strong enough > for them T_T > > Any dings from this year planned to re-apply next > year? Yes. For this year, I only applied to Stanford and two schools that I probably wouldn’t go to if I get in (top 10, but just not the right environments). Next year, I’m holding nothing back and just going to the most highly ranked school that accepts me.

what’s your background valueaddict?

brother bilo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ozzie123 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Round 1 and 2 dings - only managed to get a > > waitlist. Probably my essay isn’t strong enough > > for them T_T > > > > Any dings from this year planned to re-apply > next > > year? > > > Yes. For this year, I only applied to Stanford and > two schools that I probably wouldn’t go to if I > get in (top 10, but just not the right > environments). Next year, I’m holding nothing back > and just going to the most highly ranked school > that accepts me. I think Stanford is actually the hardest top 10 school to get into if you go by acceptance rate (9% or so).

> state it was an executive MBA. I think not doing so would be misleading if for no other reason it’s a different curriculum with different requirements. wrong. > Put Executive MBA, it’s a different degree. also wrong.