Meet the Borderlined

I am ‘JUST’ managing to pass the cfai exams by couple of questions each time… Am real worried now, with 240 questions at hand and such high stress levels on the exam day, I’am only going to perform worse than this… Hope I don’t go too far on the other side of the DANGER-ZONE CFA-Exam1: 73% CFA-Exam2: 75% CFA-Exam3: 72% I feel so dejected and dumbf*ked

1: 71% 3: 80% 5: 75% scared cuz I need luck…

same boat too 1 - 67% 2- 78% 3 - 80%

dinesh. chill man. i was looking over the june results from people and there was a guy who passed who didn’t score above 70% in any category. He must have got like a 60-65%. You’ll be fine.

I think dinesh, smeet, acwu are all fine…

I wish I could have those solid of scores… Especially for CFAI #3. 1 - 73% 2- 76% 3- 65% 4- 65% I don’t know if anyone else has taken 4 but watch out for the econ questions on that. I got completely owned.

I just completed my 2nd CFAI test, I am feeling so miserable… I got only 60% I scored 75% in my first test and I consistently scored 70+ in Book 6 tests as well. My question is - Are these sample tests have the standard set of questions?

dinesh buddy you are stressing to much…there are so many people who haven’t even done any of the practice exams, participated in AF etc…you are in good shape. I had buddies who passed in June that didn’t even get above 70 on one practice exam…

The disconcerting effect of immediate negative feedback and the inability to save questions to which to return later are apt to lower CFAI sample exam performance relative to the actual test.

TheDubs - you know any people who scored in the high 50s on the samples who passed on the real deal? if yes, that puts my mind to rest a bit.

HAHA, DInesh your fine. I am barely starting my second book 6!!! I hope that makes you feel better

Thanks Everyone!! The questions are not all that difficult, It’s tick-time-per-question that’s wanting me to solve the question more quickly than I would usually do. I don’t sit doing due diligence to each question amd then to each and evey option to come to my answer (which I used to do when, we used to solve problems at AF here… we didn’t have the timing constraints at all … except for cpk posting the ans within 10 seconds of the question coming to the forum …haha) , but I think 90 secs seems to be less for me to give a thorough thought and select the correct answer. How are all you guys approacing the question… Do you read the question first, options first? use top-down ? bottom-up?? After getting to the right answer, due you diligently think why the others were wrong??? That’s what I do and and end up cramming the exam when I reach AI and Deriv. Any Tips, suggestions would be more than welcomed!! [I have a Pentium-1 neuron-processor-16MB-Cache, which always gives me StackOverflow Exception these days, I think I have run out of brain memery] … My cerebrum is hurting - Dinesh S

Dinesh, I have seen you answer many questions on this board and help out a lot of people. You will do fine b/c can you review your answers like chebychev mentioned. I have come to the realization that this test and all practice tests are not fair. I just took CFAI exam 2 and got 73% but 100% on the econ, why because there were no questions about aggregate demand and which way it will move if there is an increase in the money supply…they were all easy ones. It all depends on what they throw at you and hopefully they chose the ones where I am strongest.

regarding how to approach a question… i don’t know if this is good, but i always read the answers 1st, then the question, then the fact pattern. basically bottom up. i find that if i read the fact pattern 1st, i have to re-read it again after i read the actual question and sift through all the data. especially for fsa. i’d rather know up front what they want me to figure out, then i can determine what in the fact pattern is relevent. also, i’d rather know immediately if it’s a question i have no clue about. i can basically say oh sh!t in 2 seconds and move on.

cfastephon4 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wish I could have those solid of scores… > Especially for CFAI #3. > > 1 - 73% > 2- 76% > 3- 65% > 4- 65% > > I don’t know if anyone else has taken 4 but watch > out for the econ questions on that. I got > completely owned. just did CFAI#4-73% did ok on econ, but got destroyed on ethics…3/9 by my count, starting off the exam with 5 incorrect answers. about every third test I do I bomb an ethics section… me no like

I have been averaging around 68% on the Book 6 exams, and just took CFAI Exam #5. Surprise surprise, I scored 68%. Needless to say I’m feeling a bit nervous at the moment. I missed some easy quant and FSA questions due to not properly reading the question, which totaled about 5 questions. I did score 88.9% on the ethics, which is encouraging. I’m going to work on some Qbank problems, review a little, and take another CFAI exam later this afternoon. I’m going to try to take about two more tomorrow as well.

I think Schweser is making fun of me. I did the first 4 tests in Book 6 and got exactly 83% (100/120) on each one. I don’t know what the odds of that happening are, but I’m a little affraid to jinx it now. And it’s not like I took these test back to back - this was over a span of a couple weeks, with lots of review in between… I only did one CFIA test because $50 is a rip off, and got 81%. Hopefully that correlation applies to the actual exam too…

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TheDubs - > > you know any people who scored in the high 50s on > the samples who passed on the real deal? > > if yes, that puts my mind to rest a bit. I actually did know one guy who only wrote one and got like fifty something on it that passed. I think he studied quite a bit after that though…

Dinesh, I think you are right on about the online timer thing. I took my first test live (test 3), same thing happened, I was done in 55 mins, but had tons of silly mistakes. Unfortunately you can’t go back. I scored 75-76%. Was really depressed as I was doing much better than that in BSAS & Book 6 tests. From then on, I printed them, took the answers out and took tests 5 & 2 on paper, either the tests were substantially easier or the trick worked. I was done on both of them in an hour and had 30 mins to review the questions, corrected some of the obvious mistakes and voila…my scores jumped. Ver2: 90% Ver5: 95% Luckily for us, the test is a paper/pencil test, I hate these computer tests, I hated the GMAT for the same reason.

delhi, just getting 90’ies in the CFA Practice exam… wow!! what’s your strategy buddy…