Meet the Borderlined

xavier1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > regarding how to approach a question… > > i don’t know if this is good, but i always read > the answers 1st, then the question, then the fact > pattern. basically bottom up. i find that if i > read the fact pattern 1st, i have to re-read it > again after i read the actual question and sift > through all the data. > > especially for fsa. i’d rather know up front what > they want me to figure out, then i can determine > what in the fact pattern is relevent. also, i’d > rather know immediately if it’s a question i have > no clue about. i can basically say oh sh!t in 2 > seconds and move on. Yes, I am planning to do the same on the D-day, skip though the questions I don’t now and keep them for the last (if time permits).

yeh i got: 1- 68% FAIL 2- 80% (but failed FSA) i reckon, the fact that you’re doing the prac exams and on this forum asking/answering questions will go very far on exam day… =) when i do questions on paper, i always underline the main points in the question… then i go through the answers and cross out the obviously wrong answers… this usually leave me with 2 answers… either its obvious, and i answer it, or i have a calculated guess (1/2 is better than 1/4)

Dubs, see i scored in the high 50s in the sample CFAI exam i guess if i have the same performance on D-day my fate will depend on the curve. most ppl posting on the forum seem quite capable and competent tho, so i think i am doomed.

niraj_a Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Dubs, > > see i scored in the high 50s in the sample CFAI > exam i guess if i have the same performance on > D-day my fate will depend on the curve. > > most ppl posting on the forum seem quite capable > and competent tho, so i think i am doomed. That is just one exam my friend. Don’t throw in the towel yet, still plenty of time to review. Go over the spots you are weak and just keep grinding, there is still time. You can do it

I have gotten 40% and 55% so far on the book 6 exam. I don’t plan on giving up, i’m plugging and chugging. I feel pretty good about it. I’m on my exam 2 morning sess, and i’m at about a 67 right now. I feel like i know the concept, now i’m just practicing on using them against questions!! If I don’t pass in December I will dominate in June, but i’m not giving up yet!!!.

thats the aim sir, thats the aim, thanks for the pep thankfully my boss was kind enough to let me take PTO tomm and friday so its an all nighter tonite for sure.

^ Thats the spirit dlkillabee… 2 days before the exam…the most important thing is belief…its like that nike ad…

My strategy is no different than yours (we have put in the hard work)…Iam certain you are going to ace this thing…If you don’t…I don’t know who will. I have been on this forum for long enough, seen enough of your posts…and struggled enough with the questions you have posted, to doubt my judgment. dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > delhi, just getting 90’ies in the CFA Practice > exam… wow!! what’s your strategy buddy…

Delhirocks, I am planning on taking version 4 tomorrow. Did you just mark a random answer and use the print screen function? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

^ better if you can ask your wife/gf/buddy to do it for you.

Man. I just took CFAI exam 3 and got smoked. The ethics was ridiculous for that.

did you take notes during it? just review the specific areas where you went wrong… i actually failed the economics section of that exam… and corporate finance aswell i think

delhirocks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My strategy is no different than yours (we have > put in the hard work)…Iam certain you are going > to ace this thing…If you don’t…I don’t know > who will. I have been on this forum for long > enough, seen enough of your posts…and struggled > enough with the questions you have posted, to > doubt my judgment. Thanks delhirocks, you gave me the much needed inspiration to fight back till the very last. You’ll decide ‘the curve’ this year for us guys. CFAI exams are very cruel in the sence, each exam they test you on some new theorotical stuff, which I probably covered aroubd 3 months back and never reviewed it, since Schweser gave me a total perception that you need to love your calculator. But I still have 2 days to go, to do the minute little theorotical stuff.

prossetti Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Man. I just took CFAI exam 3 and got smoked. The > ethics was ridiculous for that. Peter, I dont think the ethics on #3 is representative of what we’ll see on game day (at least I hope it’s not), it was much harder than the rest of the tests, so I wouldnt sweat it too much.

ok maybe i’m a little paranoid but will CFA institute review ur sample exam scores when they are trying to view those borderline candidates on a case by case basis to see if they shld pass?

not at all…sample exams have nothing to do with gameday exam

lol I was wondering the same thing, but then realized I was just paranoid.

why would they do that, don’t expect that sort of diligence from the CFAI, lol

Yeah…I would say that’s paranoia mystically Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ok maybe i’m a little paranoid but will CFA > institute review ur sample exam scores when they > are trying to view those borderline candidates on > a case by case basis to see if they shld pass?

Thanks…haha…i feel better now.