Men should sit down to urinate

Poll:

[] Check here if you eat healthy and have a reasonably active lifestyle

[X] Check here if you eat Snicker’s bars and grilled cheese sandwhiches all day

I believe Japanese people have a better understanding of human higiene, and I wish I could be as proficient as them using a bidet. Couple of times I’ve been there, I’ve been worried about pushing the wrong button and ending up covered in sh!t from the entire floor.

This thread is gross, but strangely interesting.

Kudos to those willing to be honest about toilet paper getting most of the work done, but - to be sincere - not quite everything.

Mmmm… grilled cheese sandwiches…

Yes, taking a dump in Japan does feel a bit like trying to land the space shuttle. Which button is it that pulls the whole thing up at the last minute… no, not THAT one!!

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one. The worst craps of all (defined as having to use substantial TP) come from drinking way too much red wine. Those are nasty. The bidet will completely cleanse even those.

I had never used a bidet before moving into my current house last year. Before that my experience with bidets was limited to the scene in Crocodile Dundee when Mick first arrives in NY. Basically I thought they were drinking fountains you sat on. But boy was I mistaking. If I’m not sitting on my bidet when I turn it on the water will erupt and hit the ceiling with amazing ferocity. It’s more like a fire hose than a fountain. To the point it will actually cause bleeding if you’re not careful. It’s awesome.

I have never - never - had a movement that wasn’t completely washed away with the bidet.

I feel like you were doing an okay job of selling it until this.

[/quote]

If I’m not sitting on my bidet when I turn it on the water will erupt and hit the ceiling with amazing ferocity. It’s more like a fire hose than a fountain. To the point it will actually cause bleeding if you’re not careful. It’s awesome.

[/quote]

That is not awesome.

Looks like we will agree to disagree. I am never – and I mean never – going to try something that is described like that. You and others may be 100% correct, but I will never know. Bonus points for being man enough to risk your life every time you take a crap.

No pain, no gain.

Never used a bidet before but sounds like it would have been useful in college. A long night of drinking natural light and then hitting the food truck produces a substantial mess. Such a mess you might as well go nuclear and just hop in the shower and start over rather than doing a patch job with paper.

Poll:

[] Check here if you eat healthy and have a reasonably active lifestyle

[X] Check here if you eat Snicker’s bars and grilled cheese sandwhiches all day

If I’m not sitting on my bidet when I turn it on the water will erupt and hit the ceiling with amazing ferocity. It’s more like a fire hose than a fountain. To the point it will actually cause bleeding if you’re not careful. It’s awesome.

[/quote]

That is not awesome.

Looks like we will agree to disagree. I am never – and I mean never – going to try something that is described like that. You and others may be 100% correct, but I will never know. Bonus points for being man enough to risk your life every time you take a crap.

[/quote]

I LOL’d

I’m still laughing.

Are you sure you girlfriend didn’t con you into installing a sex toy?

Oh man, what have I started. Toilet humour at its best…only at AF

Sounds like you were in paradise, my friend.

I hope someone logging to this site for the first time doesn’t start with this thread.

How did I miss such an extensive discussion??

Anyway, looks like Americans are warming up to the idea of a bidet…

http://homes.yahoo.com/news/bidets-catch-on-in-luxury-homes-224037424.html

Rest of America following my lead again.

HA!!! Numi!!!

THE NUMI Introduced in 2011, the Numi remains the only toilet with integrated bidet functionality that has been launched in the past two years in the U.S. by Kohler. This toilet/bidet combo has frosted glass side panels, a vitreous china elongated bowl and a rectangular seat. The toilet’s auto flush adjusts depending on how long the user sits on the seat; it also senses the user’s presence and opens and closes its lid automatically. “We like to think we’re saving marriages with the seat coming back down,” says Brian Hedlund, senior product manager for toilets and bidets at Wisconsin-based Kohler. The seat is also heated, and a foot heater warms the floors within a few square feet. Bluetooth-delivered music can play through two rear speakers, and illuminated panels on the toilet’s sides display eight colors, including white. “You can have Numi randomly and slowly transition from one color to another; you can program a color for each day of the week or you can set it to a random color,” Mr. Hedlund says. Users can control the position of the spray, water temperature and water flow, as well as dryer temperature and air pressure.

You were the first person I thought of when I saw the headline