Mispronunciation of the word Schweser

90% of the people I know pronounce Schweser Sch-why-zer rather than the correct pronunciation which is Sch-way-zer. Anyone else notice this?

I say it Sch-wess-er… didn’t even know that it was wrong? go figure.

How do you know that that’s the right pronunciation? I’ve always said Sch-way-ser, but I’ve never really heard it from an official source.

My friend lent me the audio CDs once and that’s what the audio recording guy said.

Yes, the audio CDs say it as Sch-say-ser, the bible that helped me get my CFA.

I used to pronounce it Sch-why-zer but after watching the videos I have since reformed my heathen ways.

You like potato and I like potahto, You like tomato and I like tomahto Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto, Let’s call the whole thing off …

I’ve heard it pronounced two different ways. Their phone recording says Sh-way-zer. I once called them up and asked how to pronounce it and the girl on the other side said Sh-wise-er. And I’m sorry, I don’t have pics of her, but she does exist.

topher Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve heard it pronounced two different ways. Their > phone recording says Sh-way-zer. I once called > them up and asked how to pronounce it and the girl > on the other side said Sh-wise-er. > > And I’m sorry, I don’t have pics of her, but she > does exist. YOU LIE!

I’ve just always pronounced it “piece of sh!t crap that is utterly useless”

If the word is of german origin than it should be Sch-ve-zer according to the way German words are pronounced.

recycler Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve just always pronounced it “piece of sh!t crap > that is utterly useless” Helped me pass L1. Operator error?

Schvartz

People say Sch wiii zer in Brazil its awfull ahha

swayzer

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?11,1020993,1020993#msg-1020993 hahaha, AliMan, this is a mere co-incidence. Everyone I know, pronounces it Schw-eye-zer. I know its incorrect. Maybe its a Canadian thing.

Shizer

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Schvartz I got it :slight_smile: one of my favorites

akanska Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > iheartiheartmath Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Schvartz > > I got it :slight_smile: one of my favorites +5

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > recycler Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I’ve just always pronounced it “piece of sh!t > crap > > that is utterly useless” > > Helped me pass L1. > > Operator error? No error, passed L3 this year on a 3 for 3 streak. Had Schwcrap for both L1 and L2. Found it totally useless. Too many errors and selective coverage of the material. Qbank for L2 was pointless.