MPS expecation

I believe 65%. What do you think about it ?

I think that 65% is way too low… I was expecting something like at least 68%-69%

Last year was estimated to be around 65%. There is no real way to tell about this year until we see someone’s results around the MPS line.

Yeah it was about 66%. Here are results from a friend of mine who just barely passed

And here are the weights and scores of how I got that number. Might be a few points high/low on the scores, so let’s just say MPS was 64% at the lowest given how he was just barely over the line and some error built into the scores I used.

No less than 64%. That’s 43 questions you can answer incorrectly. Let’s hope they throw out some questions.

Edit - accidently quoted my old post instead of editing it

I’m amazed by this passing score. This person scored over 70 in only two subjects, and did poorly on Econ, PM, and Quant. Gives me a lot of hope as I bombed AI. Didn’t have enough time to calculate half the questions, so I was forced to guess blindly. If I had enough time for AI, I think would pass without a problem.

Last year it is believed that the MPS was 79/120 or 66%. Given the fact that this year’s exam is thought to be harder, probably MPS would be (slightly) lower, e.g., 77-78/120.

I think a solid 75%-80% AM session with a poor 65% PM session should put me well above the MPS, but I am a bit nervous nonetheless :).

65% on the PM portion and you’re golden.

Yeah you’d probably be well over by 7-8 questions.

If 78 correct is the magic number (78/120 = 65%) then you could even have and 80% AM and 50% PM or 70% AM and 60% PM.

All of this of course irrespective of the ethics bump, which maybe you could get like a 63% and still make it.

Probably the ethics boost, right? Though I’m not sure there has ever been an answer on what constitutes a good ethics score that would give you the boost if you are close (is it 70%? 80%?), he got ~80% on ethics.

I think if you’re over 70% and are one percent from passing, they’ll bump you up. Just speculating here.

If someone’s Ethics score is over 70% and only need 1 more mark to pass, they might get an ethics bump. This is just my imagination though. No one can be 100% accurate about the details of the Ethics Bump.

Schweser’s student support said the MPS for 2018 was 70%. what do you guys think will it be higher or lower this year? I felt the AM session was difficult and PM session relatively easy. I just hope the MPS is not 70% this year and is below 66%. maybe then I have some probability to pass.

There is no way it was 70%. Look at the post I made above with the images. That person didn’t get a 70%.

As already mentioned many times in different threads, It was approximately 66% (79/120) for June 2018 CFA Level 2 exam. There were few candidates who scored approximately 78/120 but didn’t pass and there were some other candidates who scored approximately 79/120 and passed.

These lines represent percentile score. So it would be fair to take 0.9 as score in A&D only if you believe 100%iler scored perfect 1.0…and for other topics as well.

My guess is his actual score was even lower.

It cant be 70%…i scored more than 70% in 6 topics and ~10% in ethics…wtd avg was 69% and i passed.

He used approximation from the y-axis in order to get the score.

I passed the first two levels as a borderline pass and my experience tells me that 70% MPS is very rare. It should be between around 65-67% for sure. But ethics score should be more than 60%. Do not screw ethics section. It is very relevant to pass.