My job

Damn i am getting owned like a b*&

It’s funny how everybody with the charter seems to value it less than the one’s who haven’t received it yet. Either the charterholders are taking it for granted or the candidates are delusional.

Don’t do it! You want to know what real unhappiness feels like? Try being unemployed for a couple of months.

I made this mistake. I was getting sick of being put in (ethically) compromising positions and then getting the “if you were smart you’d just go along with what we’re doing” speech from my managers. I took the moral high ground and quit. Two months later unemployed status was begining to make me depressed which put pressure on my relationship… Interviewers invariably asked “why did you leave your last job?” It didn’t matter what i said, the fact I had quit made them suspicious and, in the end, it took me 6 months to find which involved moving back to Australia.

Don’t do it. Man up and get serious about looking for a new job!

Why don’t you man up and tell us the real reasons why you’re quitting? Like how you aren’t even valued at your place, or getting bullied, etc.

No man, at least on this forum I hope, is stupid enough to quit a job to be jobless, especially when you have a kid and an expectant wife.

cfai is like apple…much more hype and fanboyism than true value

Asalman07, don’t tell us you have submitted the resignation letter today.

I think you need some guidance from Numi and CFAvsMBA.

If I were you (I am already in a similar situation), I would concentrate on finishing the exams before moving on.

I realised some people do acquire a CFA (Completely Foolish Attitude) even before completing the real CFA !

I’ve talked to nurses, teachers, fine arts grads, and natural history majors that all have the delusion the CFA is the road to get in finance and super high paychecks.

If CFAI was a stock, I’d go all in.

Well, if you haven’t done a finance degree, or gotten into banking right out of college, or have relatives in the business, then the CFA is an excellent way to communicate that you know something relevant about finance and be considered. The CFA is far from a guarantee of anything, but it’s a heck of a lot better than nothing in those circumstances.

Before I did the CFA, no one in financial circles would even talk to me seriously.

I think the CFA is a great program and has massive benefits. Anyone who thinks there is a golden ticket in completing it, however, is mistaken as has been documented on this forum repeatedly. This is no different than anything else, a JD doesnt make you managing partner at a law firm, an MBA doesnt automatically equal C-level roles. As with almost everything, its a combination of experience, networks, and education (including this program) that will give you the best chance of success.

Maybe I drank CFAI kool-aid, but I can tell you I am much better at my job because of it, that I make a bunch more money because of it, and that consideration for future roles arent limited because I don’t have it.

“…Before I did the CFA, no one in financial circles would even talk to me seriously.”

Agree. In fact CFA for investment world is like a trouser in normal world : If you have one no one may notice it, but if you don’t have it every one notices it.

The Institute encourages ethics and disclosure like no other organization out there, yet they use used car salesmen tactics just like any other money grabbing organization. Case in point: average salary of a charterholder. Those stats were published when it benefited them and those stats convinced thousands to sign up. They must have cut personnel because those stats are magically non existent now.

Yeahhh… boyeeeee… it fcking sucks deep throat balls to be unemployed… don’t do it, unless you want to end up like Jack Nicholsan in the Shining…

I wonder if this jabron quit his job yesterday? He sounds like a man who just wants to sit on the couch all day.

You are an idiot level one candidate. By the sound of it, you are a POS. I have been working since I was 18 years old and always regarded by the companies I have worked for as hard working. I have other sources of income that I can lean back on even though we it will be tight financially.

I would beat you down if you spoke to me like that to my face. You wouldn’t dare talk to me like that to my face. I would love to run into you one day.

Grabs popcorn!

What are the other sources of income?

You are a sad individual. Posting on here complaining about a job that doesn’t respect your hard work and now resorting to internet threats. Good Luck in the future.

+1

I haven’t heard the term ‘jabroni’ in a long time.

Yeah.

Hey Earv! Did you lay the smack down on Robert’s candy ass?