My study strategy for Level 2, Different from lvl 1.

Hey guys, I have a strategy in mind geared toward my personal timeline & study habit. I have a concern which I bring up later. I would appreciate your feedback: For Level 1 I used Schweser primaarily but read text for Ethics,Econ,FSA. Due to nervousness of time I bulldozed through the Schweser readings(absorbed ~60% of reading) and gave myself until April 15th to finish. I used approximately 1 month to read Scwheser AGAIN and review problems(boost up to ~80%). Mid may to June 9th was mock exam review. Now for Level 2 I started earlier to give myself some padding, but am concerned that the early start will have me forget the reading. I just finished Corporate Finance but I completely forgot Quant, Econ at this point, which happened to me at level 1. I would like some feedback as to: 1. Can I follow level 1 strategy? How I can maximize use of the extra time I have? 3. Your thoughts on Schweser vs. CFAI end of review problems for lvl 2. For lvl 1 i remember sections like equities had better example problems in CFAI text, but also remember CFAI text was just plain ridiculously calculation intensive(along with Schweser Practice test Vol. 1 &2). Thank you guys,

I mean honestly now, and I dont wanna be a prick and all, but how can some ppl be so immature sometimes… Are you that insecure? Havent you learned (yet) how to study? Whats the point in asking others to criticize your study plan. Pressumably, you have been through 4yrs of higher education and (possibly) couple of years in a real job. I think its high time you learned all the answers to yr questions… Sorry to be upset about it, but in a bear market there should be zero tolerance to such things…

I have constructed something called a “STUDY CAVE” located in a dungeon underneath my house. To start off, I come into the room, put on my study robe and CFA underwear, and light up a ceremonial incense made with sacred oils from India. This will set the atmosphere for the “STUDY SESSION.” I then open with a chant: “Heya heya C-F-A heya heya C-F-A” - repeat the number of times corresponding to the study session #. This chant has to be repeated every time the ceremonial incense goes out and is re-lit. You can also repeat it while you study for extra power. However, if the # of chants is not corresponding to the SS you will hurt your chances! By this point you should be entranced and deeply absorbed in the material. When you come out of the CFA study trance you you MUST dance AROUND the table (improvise) going around the number of times corresponding to day of the month modulo 2. If you do not do this nothing is absorbed. Finally, you may take off your robe and special CFA underwear. These may never be washed - you have to wear them every time you study, for the CFA material gets absorbed into the special underwear and robe. Repeat the CFA chant the number of times corresponding to the study session, and you may leave the study dungeon. Hope this helps.

I have a cave, incense from India, and a study robe, but where do I get the CFA underwear from?

Any underwear can be made into the ceremonial underwear! The important thing is to not wash them, and let the CFA material get absorbed within them - after about a week you can actually see the CFA material on your underwear and robe!

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have constructed something called a “STUDY CAVE” > located in a dungeon underneath my house. To > start off, I come into the room, put on my study > robe and CFA underwear, and light up a ceremonial > incense made with sacred oils from India. This > will set the atmosphere for the “STUDY SESSION.” > > I then open with a chant: “Heya heya C-F-A heya > heya C-F-A” - repeat the number of times > corresponding to the study session #. This chant > has to be repeated every time the ceremonial > incense goes out and is re-lit. You can also > repeat it while you study for extra power. > However, if the # of chants is not corresponding > to the SS you will hurt your chances! > > By this point you should be entranced and deeply > absorbed in the material. When you come out of > the CFA study trance you you MUST dance AROUND the > table (improvise) going around the number of times > corresponding to day of the month modulo 2. If > you do not do this nothing is absorbed. > > Finally, you may take off your robe and special > CFA underwear. These may never be washed - you > have to wear them every time you study, for the > CFA material gets absorbed into the special > underwear and robe. Repeat the CFA chant the > number of times corresponding to the study > session, and you may leave the study dungeon. > > Hope this helps. I am going to spend my days working over the next few months, my nights building the perfect study cave as SSS is above, and will study for the CFA exam on lunch break, perfectly allocating time to each activity. Then I figure the first 5 days of June will be adequate time to review any rough areas in the cave that I might need to patch up, leaving the morning of June 6th as CFA review time. I will spend a few hundred seconds on the morning of June 6th to review any rough areas in the CFA material.

Seriously though iregula, I just plan to read the CFAI text, take notes, do Passmaster and then mock exams at the end. Same as L1 strategy. I don’t think it is too early to start. This L2 material seems like it is a beast (hearing from others).

This is hilarious. haha good post supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have constructed something called a “STUDY CAVE” > located in a dungeon underneath my house. To > start off, I come into the room, put on my study > robe and CFA underwear, and light up a ceremonial > incense made with sacred oils from India. This > will set the atmosphere for the “STUDY SESSION.” > > I then open with a chant: “Heya heya C-F-A heya > heya C-F-A” - repeat the number of times > corresponding to the study session #. This chant > has to be repeated every time the ceremonial > incense goes out and is re-lit. You can also > repeat it while you study for extra power. > However, if the # of chants is not corresponding > to the SS you will hurt your chances! > > By this point you should be entranced and deeply > absorbed in the material. When you come out of > the CFA study trance you you MUST dance AROUND the > table (improvise) going around the number of times > corresponding to day of the month modulo 2. If > you do not do this nothing is absorbed. > > Finally, you may take off your robe and special > CFA underwear. These may never be washed - you > have to wear them every time you study, for the > CFA material gets absorbed into the special > underwear and robe. Repeat the CFA chant the > number of times corresponding to the study > session, and you may leave the study dungeon. > > Hope this helps.

LOL. Good post SSS.

If you do a mod 2 on the day of the month for the number of times you’re supposed to dance around the table, 50% of the time you’re going to dance around the table 0 times. I think a mod 5 would be more effective since that way you’re only dancing around the table 0 times a max of 6 times a month, while most of the time you’re dancing around the table at least once. Just my thoughts.

My only question is, how do you leave the study dungeon? Do you need do have at least 50 experience points PLUS the warhammer key?

he goes long on naked puts!!!

Now do I wear the CFA underwear and robe to the exam?

to the OP, i’d say if you have schweser. just read it 10 times. you don’t have to read it closely each time… not sure people do it. but this 2.5 weeks on each subject is not the way to go. if you have schweser. read it subject in 3 days (some even faster) and repeat over and over again. it’s a broad exam not a deep exam. the biggest risk is not know a subject at all and if you read it 5 times (3 times quickly) that won’t be risk… there is some nittiness to exam on the two part qualitative questions. but that’s tough for everyone, and again reading it 5 times will help you here. if you only have CFAI readings, then it’s alot tougher. make good notes, and look each subject over for 1 hour ten times.

Enjoyed reading this post. It is a good insight which people seldom reveals to others … thumbs up SSS…

Haha…I loved the post from supersharpshooter below. I found it particularly hilarious since my ritual is equally ridiculous. For L1, I became so anti-social and focused towards the end of my studying, that my wife bought me an Asian-style Gong. Each time I was going to begin studying, I had to bang the gong in order to signify the beginning of the session. It was always good for a laugh and to remind me to take things one day at a time - unfortunately the pavlovian tendencies eventually took over, and now every time I hear a gong I start salivating for espresso and reciting FSA formulas aloud! The idea originally came from the show Mad Money with Jim Cramer - as a young trader, he also became addicted to the gong, and to this day he sounds the gone at the opening of the market each day! Happy studying~ supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have constructed something called a “STUDY CAVE” > located in a dungeon underneath my house. To > start off, I come into the room, put on my study > robe and CFA underwear, and light up a ceremonial > incense made with sacred oils from India. This > will set the atmosphere for the “STUDY SESSION.” > > I then open with a chant: “Heya heya C-F-A heya > heya C-F-A” - repeat the number of times > corresponding to the study session #. This chant > has to be repeated every time the ceremonial > incense goes out and is re-lit. You can also > repeat it while you study for extra power. > However, if the # of chants is not corresponding > to the SS you will hurt your chances! > > By this point you should be entranced and deeply > absorbed in the material. When you come out of > the CFA study trance you you MUST dance AROUND the > table (improvise) going around the number of times > corresponding to day of the month modulo 2. If > you do not do this nothing is absorbed. > > Finally, you may take off your robe and special > CFA underwear. These may never be washed - you > have to wear them every time you study, for the > CFA material gets absorbed into the special > underwear and robe. Repeat the CFA chant the > number of times corresponding to the study > session, and you may leave the study dungeon. > > Hope this helps.

WE ARE LOSERS

supersharpshooter Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Any underwear can be made into the ceremonial > underwear! The important thing is to not wash > them, and let the CFA material get absorbed within > them - after about a week you can actually see the > CFA material on your underwear and robe! Do we have to wear/have on us the underwear the day of the exam? And since the it is soaked with CFA material, wouldn’t it be like cheating in the exam?

Bohmbach Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Haha…I loved the post from supersharpshooter > below. > I found it particularly hilarious since my ritual > is equally ridiculous. > For L1, I became so anti-social and focused > towards the end of my > studying, that my wife bought me an Asian-style > Gong. Each time > I was going to begin studying, I had to bang the > gong in order to > signify the beginning of the session. It was > always good for a laugh > and to remind me to take things one day at a time > - unfortunately > the pavlovian tendencies eventually took over, and > now every time > I hear a gong I start salivating for espresso and > reciting FSA formulas > aloud! LOL!

SSS man you really made me laugh… LOOOOOOOL especailly with heya heya C-F-A I finished SS1, SS2, SS3 (excluding time series ) , SS4, now half way through corporate finance… Am I late ?