Myer-Briggs personality classification and finance

There was a post a few months ago where someone made an interesting observation: - CFA is for introverts - MBA is for extroverts I’ve been doing some research on the Myer-Briggs personality classification and how it can be used in finance, spurred on by one of P. Wilmott’s blog entries. I have a strong feeling that the majority of the regulars here (~100s or more posts) are of the INTJ type, with the INTP type second in frequency, and all other types in the vast minority. Here’s a nice quick test: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp I scored pretty extreme in all areas of INTJ. I’d be very interested to hear anyone’s thoughts about the Myer-Briggs typology and especially its relation to finance. (I find it very funny that the spellchecker underlined CFA in red as incorrectly spelled but doesn’t flag MBA.)

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There was a post a few months ago where someone > made an interesting observation: > > - CFA is for introverts > - MBA is for extroverts > > I’ve been doing some research on the Myer-Briggs > personality classification and how it can be used > in finance, spurred on by one of P. Wilmott’s blog > entries. > > I have a strong feeling that the majority of the > regulars here (~100s or more posts) are of the > INTJ type, with the INTP type second in frequency, > and all other types in the vast minority. Here’s > a nice quick test: > > http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp > > > I scored pretty extreme in all areas of INTJ. I’d > be very interested to hear anyone’s thoughts about > the Myer-Briggs typology and especially its > relation to finance. > > (I find it very funny that the spellchecker > underlined CFA in red as incorrectly spelled but > doesn’t flag MBA.) Sorry to burst your bubble but Im an ENFJ, I have taken the test multiple times with the same result. Also it pretty much describes me to a T, I guess Im an outlier. Is that a good thing or should give up completely and sell furniture for a living?

I am an ESTJ.

No bubbles burst, I just learned of this and if I’m wrong I’m wrong and I get a better understanding. Let’s see what everyone else gets.

uh…

INTJ for me.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No bubbles burst, I just learned of this and if > I’m wrong I’m wrong and I get a better > understanding. Let’s see what everyone else gets. sorry man, i didnt mean to be a dick, but I actually like the myer-briggs test and im kind of interested in what our results would be.

No problemo, Myer-Briggs seems like really interesting stuff. I used to be dismissive of psychology in general, but now I think it has a lot to offer, for finance specifically.

That is the kind of stuff we would expect from an ENFJ.

lol :slight_smile:

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That is the kind of stuff we would expect from an > ENFJ. hahahahah. I think I woke up my neighbours.

The MBTI is a bunch of trash. Most academic psychologists are against it. It isn’t a well constructed test. If you do a principal components analysis to try to build the scales, nothing will ever come out. I really can’t believe how widely it is used. Dan, ESTJ

ENTJ

I did the test a while ago and found I was either INTP or INFP. Which one it was depended on exactly which questionaire I got. Sounds like I’m on the border of thinking/feeling, but otherwise IN*P.

ENTJ Here ---- I knew I should have undertaken an mba instead of the CFA :wink:

ENTP here

i took that stupid test a few weeks ago and i didnt see any results page. and i dont know what any of the letters stand for. this is just stupid.

please delete this post. its making me mad. thanks.

bchadwick, CFA, INTP

I scored extreme in all areas of INTJ, I think you might be onto something here