Myer-Briggs personality classification and finance

I am INFJ. Seems like a pretty unpopular one here.

You must be a shy girl

ISFJ 78 1 12 22 very expressed introvert slightly expressed sensing personality slightly expressed feeling personality slightly expressed judging personality Famous people of your particular type Mother Teresa, Agatha Christie, Frederic Chopin

ENTJ. Figures, always wanted to take over the world. The test is BS. There were multiple questions which I could have answered either Yes or No, just like in that joke about a monkey who is smart and handsome :slight_smile: As AliMan posted, if you assume specific personality (nerd, partygoer, etc) you can trick the test to give you the result you want.

needhelp Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity, could you elaborate on what you are doing (PhD). Physical science, zero overlap with finance except the usual calculus, probability/statistics, and few other things like linear algebra. > Is your goal to be a quant? I’m not interested in being a quant necessarily and don’t want to be confined to that track. Basically, planning to explore options in this order: 0 - whatever I can get 1 - whatever makes the most money 2 - whatever I enjoy > How old are you? Just turned 28, feeling old. > How much longer do you have to go before the PhD? 1.5 years, max. > Would you recommend someone in their early 30s to start a PhD? No way. In fact, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to do a PhD at any age unless they’re totally addicted to the subject.

There were so many borderline questions that I could answer either way and still be honest. By the answer, I know which would classify me as an extravert or intravert. The test could easily be manipulated.

ENTP, what does this mean? do i suck?

I got ENTJ, which sounds pretty fitting for me based on the descriptions. Anyone here (especially anyone with psych background) care to comment on how accurate this Myer-Briggs test is? ---------- numi, Your Type is: ENTJ Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging Strength of the preferences % 67 12 12 67 You are: * distinctively expressed extravert * slightly expressed intuitive personality * slightly expressed thinking personality * distinctively expressed judging personality Fieldmarshal temperament ------------ Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging by Joe Butt Profile: ENTJ Revision: 3.0 Date of Revision: 27 Feb 2005 “I don’t care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can’t control it, why look?” ENTJs have a natural tendency to marshall and direct. This may be expressed with the charm and finesse of a world leader or with the insensitivity of a cult leader. The ENTJ requires little encouragement to make a plan. One ENTJ put it this way… “I make these little plans that really don’t have any importance to anyone else, and then feel compelled to carry them out.” While “compelled” may not describe ENTJs as a group, nevertheless the bent to plan creatively and to make those plans reality is a common theme for NJ types. ENTJs are often “larger than life” in describing their projects or proposals. This ability may be expressed as salesmanship, story-telling facility or stand-up comedy. In combination with the natural propensity for filibuster, our hero can make it very difficult for the customer to decline. TRADEMARK: – “I’m really sorry you have to die.” (I realize this is an overstatement. However, most Fs and other gentle souls usually chuckle knowingly at this description.) ENTJs are decisive. They see what needs to be done, and frequently assign roles to their fellows. Few other types can equal their ability to remain resolute in conflict, sending the valiant (and often leading the charge) into the mouth of hell. When challenged, the ENTJ may by reflex become argumentative. Alternatively (s)he may unleash an icy gaze that serves notice: the ENTJ is not one to be trifled with. Functional Analysis Extraverted Thinking “Unequivocating” expresses the resoluteness of the ENTJ’s dominant function. Clarity of convictions endows these Thinkers with a knack for debate, or wanting knack, a penchant for argument. The light and heat generated by Thinking at the helm can be impressive; perhaps even overwhelming. Experience teaches many ENTJs that restraint may often be the better part of valor, lest one find oneself victorious but alone. Introverted iNtuition The auxiliary function explores the blueprints of archetypal patterns and equips Thinking with a fresh, dynamic sense of how things work. Improvising on the fly is something many ENTJs do very well. As Thinking’s subordinate, insights are of value only insofar as they further the Right, True Cause celebre. [n.b.: ENTJs are capable of living on a higher plane, if you will, and learning to value individuals even above their principles. The above dynamic suggests less individuation.] Extraverted Sensing Sensing reaches out to embrace that which physically touches it. ENTJs have an awareness of the real; of that which exists. By stilling the engines of Thinking and iNtuition, this type may experience the Here and Now, and know things not dreamt of nor even postulated in iNtuition’s philosophy. Sensing’s minor role, however, puts it at risk for distortion or extreme weakness beneath the hustle and bustle of the giants N and T. Introverted Feeling Feeling is romantic, as the ethereal as the inner world from whence it doth emerge. When it be awake, feeling evokes great passion that knows not nuance of proportion nor context. Perhaps these lesser functions inspire glorious recreational quests in worlds that never were, or may only ever be in fantasy. When overdone or taken too seriously, Fi turned outward often becomes maudlin or melodramatic. Feeling in this type appears most authentic when implied or expressed covertly in a firm handshake, accepting demeanor, or act of sacrifice thinly covered by excuses of lack of any personal interest in the relinquished item.

I wonder if Stella and Schweser are collecting all our results as free market research.

Thanks for sharing your information with us. We collect everything about you and more… Sincereley, Schweser US

Your Type is INTJ Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging Strength of the preferences % 78 25 62 11 You are: very expressed introvert moderately expressed intuitive personality distinctively expressed thinking personality slightly expressed judging personality Famous people of your particular type Stephen Hawking, Andrew Grove, Marie Curie, Guy Kawasaki, Igor Sikorsky, Hillary Clinton

INTJ

I just did the test and got a ENFJ (Strength of the preferences %: 78-50-62-67) LEO by zodiac. Thinks MBA is much better than CFA. Career preference for my types are: Science, Computer Programming, Management :slight_smile:

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You must be a shy girl could be true, i had a gf that was an INFJ and she was very shy. INFJ is actually a pretty rare thing to be only like 1-2% of the population are INFJ apparently their very good councillors. I wonder what areas in finance are best for us ENFJ’s that love number crunching and picking stocks but also love lots of interpersonal interaction /relationship building.

Portfolio Management, what say?

dinesh.sundrani Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Portfolio Management, what say? I thought so, but id be probably more of one of those PM’s that work for private clients running their segragated funds.

ok this is crazy. i just got out a 2 hour webcast with Paul Tieger (http://www.amazon.com/What-You-Are-Personality-Type-Revised/dp/0316880655) I started talking to him after the webcast ended and started out by saying “i am an ENTJ” - - he said - - ‘really’ - - he said, well I think you are more of an INTJ with extroverted tendencies. I thought I was an ENTJ all along - maybe I am not? hmmm… — all in all though, it seems very important for people to know the personality type of the people they are working with or managing.

SeanC Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wonder what areas in finance are best for us > ENFJ’s that love number crunching and picking > stocks but also love lots of interpersonal > interaction /relationship building. Paul had a chart (that he would not share) with financial analysts, financial advisors, accountants, school teachers, with each type and what profession most suited their personality type. It was pretty interesting because he explained the personality type and then also the profession and the common qualities that the profession and person would share.

INFJ

I’m INFP, although sometimes I score as INTP. Remember that Introverted and Extroverted is not actually about how sociable you are or are perceived to be. Introverts need to have some time to themselves to restore their energy and/or build confidence for their endeavors. That doesn’t mean that they don’t like to interact with people or can’t be fun or outgoing. It just means that that their “Chi” doesn’t come primarily from being in contact with others. Extroverts are different - they actually *need* other people around them to catalyze their “Chi” and will start to wilt if they get too isolated for too long.