Myer-Briggs personality classification and finance

we did this at work a few months back INTP for me

I come out green on the colours chart. I had taken a slightly different version of this test at a work thing before and also came out green, so I guess that’s my colour. There is also a slight green tint in my eyes, so maybe there’s something in that. Anybody else have their personality match their eye colour?

Carson, You have any decent arguments against the test? Do you know what it’s about? I’m a phd candidate in a quantitative field (AKA: I’m very skeptical of these types of tests too since I live every day with a crapload of math) who was very dismissive of psychology (just like you, it seems), but I think there’s some substance here.

J. Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ENTJ Here ---- I knew I should have undertaken an > mba instead of the CFA :wink: Ditto… I am going to put ENTJ on my resume now. It will help supplement my leadership qualities demonstrated by my LEO star sign. BORN TO LEAD.

You are: slightly expressed extravert slightly expressed intuitive personality moderately expressed thinking personality very expressed judging personality

What makes you think I’ve anything against the test? If anything, the fact that I’ve been put in the same colour category twice suggests it’s robust. It just so happens that it matches my eye colour. Didn’t mean it to come off like a criticism. I think there is some merit in tests of this nature myself, although I don’t know enough about it to have any major convictions on the issue.

ENTJ… close to INTJ…

Carson, Sorry for the misunderstanding, bro. Looks like your green must have coincided with one of the categories due to the proprietary nature of the particular test you took. What did that green represent? Must have been the british ark-sent (colour) that through me off.

I’d have to open it up again, but when you click through one of the links (there’s another link suggested your ideal job - mines a councellor apparently!) it gives you a colour on a wheel. You are either yellow, red, green or blue. I was green. When we did an in-house training day in work one time we did a test similar to this one and they used the same wheel. I was also green on that. The eye colour thing was just a bad joke. In letter form I was ENFJ (56 62 50 22) as I posted earlier.

What does green mean? You’re envious?

Sublimity: You haven’t met any mathematical psychologists have you? :slight_smile: (It’s actually a real field with unbelieveably talented mathematicians.) Be suspicious of pop psychology, not academic work. The MBTI is a bunch of crap. It is a poorly formed test by a non-academic. Whenever acaedemics run a principal components analysis on it, they can’t re-create the scales. sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Carson, > > You have any decent arguments against the test? > Do you know what it’s about? > > I’m a phd candidate in a quantitative field (AKA: > I’m very skeptical of these types of tests too > since I live every day with a crapload of math) > who was very dismissive of psychology (just like > you, it seems), but I think there’s some substance > here.

ENTJ Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging Strength of the preferences % 44 88 12 1 this is the same as I got in college (7 yrs ago)

also I’m surprised how many ppl here got ENTJ (Rational Fieldmarshal) since it is supposedly only 2% of the population.

INTP. I’d say its hard to say theres a correlation between AFers or CFAs and the mean degree of introvert/extrovert-ism. It relies on little actual contact for most introverts, yet its social enough for many extroverts. Thus the internet will take over the world, one forum at a time.

INTP Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving Strength of the preferences % 67 50 38 33 Qualitative analysis of your type formula You are: distinctively expressed introvert moderately expressed intuitive personality moderately expressed thinking personality moderately expressed perceiving personality

So looks like I am the only one with an ‘S’ instead of an ‘N’.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Carson, > > You have any decent arguments against the test? > Do you know what it’s about? > > I’m a phd candidate in a quantitative field (AKA: > I’m very skeptical of these types of tests too > since I live every day with a crapload of math) > who was very dismissive of psychology (just like > you, it seems), but I think there’s some substance > here. sublimity, could you elaborate on what you are doing (PhD). Is your goal to be a quant? How old are you? How much longer do you have to go before the PhD? Would you recommend someone in their early 30s to start a PhD?

ENTJ. I do the CFA because I love the parties.

INTP Introverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving 53 75 25 11

I’ve been into this stuff for years. test myself every few: Right now i got: INTJ 44 100 38 33 Interesting as the last time i tested myself, maybe 4 years ago, i was more introverted and more thinking, something like INTJ 75 90 60 15 i guess getting married made me more touchy-feely and less introverted, perhaps?