NAILED IT!!!

i can’t say that i nailed it but it was rather easy in some instances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubris

On Friday evening I tested my new battery and forgot to set order of operation - a big mistake wasting at least 20 minutes in the moring session. Still remember that end of world feeling …, you are 100% sure you know the los you hit the right buttons, but the result matches none of the answers you are panic. Fortunately there were not many calculations and most of them could be done by pencil. Afternoon session is much better and I came out frozen (nyc) but optomistic. :slight_smile:

Joey, Thanks for the word of support and for all the help over the last 4-5 months Chebychev, The exam was definately tricky, lots of traps, but overall you can afford to get more than 60 questions wrong and still pass. Passing with 68% is just as important as passing with 80%. I think you’ll do well, you had an awesome grasp of concepts as evident from your prior posts. chebychev Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I thought the exam was reasonably challenging with > a few tricks and arcane questions.

I was very happy after the exam. But as time passes by I am feeling that I missed more questions. I think I will hit 0% @ this rate by jan 16.

goel_ar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I was very happy after the exam. But as time > passes by I am feeling that I missed more > questions. I think I will hit 0% @ this rate by > jan 16. I’m in the same boat. I only remember the questions that I had trouble with. I have to sit and make myself think of the literally dozens of questions that I answered in about 15 seconds with 100% confidence I was right. But I sit here and think and think on the rough ones…Gonna be a long 6 weeks.

I thought it was ok, but the myth of people disappearing for the afternoon session didn’t come to fruition in my test center (TO)… I thought for the sure the guy next to me would not come back for the afternoon, but he showed up and struggled, even more so than he did in the first half, he mad scrambled through the exam book during the entire last 1/2 hour, in both sessions, its the behaviour people exhibit when you know you’re running out of time but at the sametime you’re dying to have this thing come to an end, anxiously waiting for the clock to run out while you try to figure out that extra question that can hopefully get you over them hump (but you know that’s just wishful thinking)…basically a lot of mental dilemmas and frustration I finished with 1 hour left in the morning session and 1 hr and 15 mins left in the afternoon session, hopefully that’s a good sign… but I was pretty surprised by how unprepared people were in general, I kept hearing from the people talking around me that they had no idea what kind of questions they were going to see, or “90% of the people I know fail at least once at every level” when the failure rate is 60%, or “I just finished reading the last 2 books last night, for the first time”…I used to do that in high school and university, but for this exam, you’re forking out upwards of 1k, you’d figure at least people will try to give it a bit more effort and get their money’s worth…

well it’s good to know you’re confident but hubris is not a good thing. i prepared really hard and felt the test is hard. i’m a confident person, and i don’t necessarily feel as if i failed, but it definitely could have happened. i had a lot of questions where i felt like i was making an educated guess between two choices…that, or i knew one part of a (yes/no) question but not the other for sure. so it was rough. i suppose if my reasoning or logic was wrong a lot of the time, then i could fail, but i’d like to think i knew my stuff. i don’t think i could ever feel like i definitely passed but honestly i do wish i felt better leaving the exam.

Yeah, it was a fair exam with respect to what you get for how much studying you put in. Some of those questions were really interesting too. But I remember starting to think about all the movies I haven’t seen lately around the second half of the second part. Man there are a lot of people writing this thing though! I think I made it, so I’ll get onto the Level 2 stuff, figure out what that animal is all about…

My main concern was how quickly I progressed through the two sections. I had what seemed like loads of time at the end to peruse the last few tough ones I REALLY wanted to tear apart. It makes me wonder whether I was extremely focused, or if I was going so quickly I missed some detail in the question and selected the “trap” response. I’m a bit worried to say the least.

Overall I felt better after completing the marathon exam. Might be it is because it is finally over after all that tension. I felt that the exam is relatively straight forward in many parts, except economics (particularly the PM section). I was surprised that there is some time left for me to get one more look. But, that only made me think more than what I thought first time. I just hope my 2 weeks of vacation is put to better use by sailing through this level. This forum is simply superb. I always wished I spent more time here.

AYE

how did some people finish w/ an hour left? i finished w/ about 10 minutes left tops… the am i had like 7 minutes left… just perfect time to go back and tackle 2 questions that were bothering me…

I finished with 30 minutes left in both sessions. I think I finished so quickly because I had practiced and timed myself using Schweser, where you have some uber-long questions. The CFAI questions were super short in comparison. I also read fairly fast, so ethics probably did not take me as long as a lot of folks.

I finished with 20 minutes left in the first session and 45 minutes left in the afternoon session. The Schweser tests definitely made the CFA test seem to fly by.

yeah me too, 15min left in the AM, 45min in the PM.

I thought the exam was pretty straightforward overall. I was expecting the Schweser Book 6 type of bloodbath. Nope, with some minor exceptions in PM Econ., it was very much doable.

I thought bonds in the PM were tricky. FSA in the AM wasn’t a walk in the park either. Other than that, pretty fair.

agree^@FSA being tricky in the AM.What was the answer the relative age (depreciation) question and also the answer to the question about asset value being zero for ___ method of depcn

Asset value at end of life was salvage (my answer anyways)…