need a confidence boost plz :(

Exactly 3 weeks left… Scored 64% on 1st test after i finished the syllabus. Last week 68% on Stalla 1 am section practice exam Today 68% Sample 1 from CFAI I am quite disappointed and, actually, quite crushed too. I am doing average on FRA throughout. It is the most hateful section for me. I just don’t know how hopeful I am allowed to be right now. Really losing confidence :frowning: Help!

i’m in similar boat, score wise, but we still have three weeks and can add at least 10-15 pts to scores. keep chuggn along! breaktime will be soon enough…

3 weeks is alot of time, especially if you took some time off from work right before the test like myself. My Q-Bank scores are in the low to mid 70s and although I’m not happy about that (especially since the consensus on here seems to be that Qbank is easier than sample/mocks/etc)I know I can bring those scores up because I know where I’m making mistakes and I know they’re correctable. You should feel the same way, just recognize where you’re weak and improve upon it. Don’t psyche yourself out!!

jjenkins Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You should feel the same way, just recognize where > you’re weak and improve upon it. Don’t psyche > yourself out!! YES! You’re FINE! Those are decent scores for May 15th! How many of those bad answers are due to not reading the questions properly (least/most/blah/blah) and DUMB calc mistakes? NO reason to beat yourself up after such an investment in this beast and only a few weeks left to go! keep it up…Review wrong AND right answers…that’s what these weeks are for! GOOD LUCK ALL!

You have no time to lose confidence now. You can lose confidence after June 7th if you like, when you have all the time in the world. Right now, you only have time to figure out your weak areas and STUDY MORE!

Sounds like your doing fine. I was in the same boat when I sat for L1. Just look at the your weak points on the exam and redo the questions in Qbank/Passsmaster and take as many practice exams as you can get a hold of.

Most of you here are fine. I’ll take a break from implied volatility BSM models and comment. AF contains a niche of motivated L1ers who will drive the minimum passing score. Most of you are way ahead of your competition. The 35% whom pass are prob most of the active and passive forum members. IF you fail, don’t sweat it. The CFAI gives you a ‘do over’ in December. I failed last year and was P!SSED for one day, then I realized I’ll crush it in Dec and be back on track for L2, which I am now. Dec L1 - Jun L2 is completely doable as well. If you wonder why I hang out here so much, it’s cause I’m trying to get acquainted with my study buds for L2 2010 (kidding, I hope). Best of luck to you all.

cfa222 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Sounds like your doing fine. I was in the same > boat when I sat for L1. Just look at the your > weak points on the exam and redo the questions in > Qbank/Passsmaster and take as many practice exams > as you can get a hold of. Did you pass or fail then on your first try?

I am in the EXACT same situation. I have done 3 mocks now and lots of questions (hundreds) on Qbank and my scores range from 65-75% consistently. I’m really struggling to breach 80%. I’m glad you guys have been writing about this because I thought I was the only one who was confused about what to do next. My main problem right now is that I am not doing badly in any particular area. I am doing very averagely in all areas and therefore it becomes hard to target certain areas to boost my scores. I’ll update if I make any progress.

from the people i’ve talked to who pass L1 seem all pretty much all say to not discount ethics because if you are close and do well on ethics it cut put on the right side of fence focus most on areas that are most heavily weighted unless you know the material spot on, that seems like best way to pick up pts next few weeks.

Last year, I took my first CFAI mock and got 67. That was 2 weeks before the exam. I used the two weeks for intensive review and practice exams, and ended up getting 70 on all sections, except for Derivative and Alt Investments. The bottom line is, my peeps, if you are getting close to 70 and you have 3 full weeks to go, I think you are ahead of the game. Keep up the good work. Although nobody can say for sure what will happen on the exam day, I will bet more likely than not you will pass with a high score. Try not to fvck the curve for the rest of the L1 candidates.

I think that Schweser, Stalla, and other preparation materials are intentionally made difficult due to an ulterior motive: to get people to buy more of their stuff. Can you blame them? Think about it: People who consistently score 90%+ won’t be buying any more prep material. They’re selling fear. Of course, the prep companies will defend this practice by saying they want to make sure you’re extra-well prepared.

That’s a good score, especially that you got 3 weeks left. I haven’t even started the reviews so you’re ahead. Plus Schweser mock exams are more difficult than the actual, trust me I have taken the mock and the actual exam before. Do not be discouraged, try to do your best to improve in the next 3 weeks.

Don’t worry, you have 3 weeks left. Just try to improve. For the Schweser Practice exams I scored all around 66% and finished my last exam the day before the exam. I think I got 66% on the last one. I passed convincingly so you’re in a much much better spot that me. The worst thing you can do is to get down on it.

Use this as motivation. Don’t let scores get you down. Use it as a gut check and a motivation tool to keep pressing hard. You have come so far, don’t let up now

$tarving_Banker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Last year, I took my first CFAI mock and got 67. > That was 2 weeks before the exam. I used the two > weeks for intensive review and practice exams, and > ended up getting 70 on all sections, except for > Derivative and Alt Investments. > I’d like to know exactly how you approached that intense revision.

Took another Stalla exam - 64% DARN IT!

Its crunch time, not time for doubt. Keep at it until D-day and write the exam. 65% in mocks is not the end, drill down on the weak topics or if they are all even, on the topics with the greatest weights. How is everyone feeling?

Gosh! CFA MOCK: 68% (am); 62% (pm) - average 65% Do I still stand a chance of passing, with only one week left now?

Whats the breakdown look like?