Need fashion help

+1

Everything or nothing depending on who you’ll be meeting with that day. If you’re meeting with someone over 50, chances are they will assume you can’t afford proper attire if you show up with brown shoes and a blue suit. No problem with a younger crowd though. To always be safe though, wear shoes that are at least as dark as your pants.

So the “correct” thing is to wear black shoes with a navy suit? Ew.

^ If you’re meeting with an old blue-blood and want to do business with him, yes.

only wear brown shoes with brown belt

This thread is funny…dressing up as a guy is such a simple task yet you guys made it sound so complicated.

You have know idea what we women have to go through dressing up everyday.

And yet apparently so many here still get it wrong by wearing brown shoes with blue pants.

1. What’s wrong with Cole Haan?

2. Man check out each other shoes???

So you’re over 50?

No, but when I need to wear a suit, the people on the other side of the table usually are and they’re the reason I’m wearing the suit. Dressing to the standards/expectations of your audience is a pretty good rule to live by if you want something from that audience.

In my opinion:

1. nothing wrong with them. They’re my daily leather shoes, but I have nicer ones for special events

2. yes, well at least I do

Thank God I don’t deal with old blue bloods. Honestly, if I was boss, I’d be wearing jeans/t-shirt. Who cares. Unfortunately I don’t run the world, so I wear my pants/shirt/shoes…

Black dress, black shoes. Done. What’s the big deal?

^ That’s what I meant. The thread should have closed by 5 comments.

Sometimes it’s the hardest task to find the classic staff like that in the sea of unflattering trends.

Your comment is sexist.

a sportcoat (blazer) will normally have brass buttons and will be a little larger to allow layers. a suit jacket is cut with the same type of fabric as the suit pants, and should fit slimmer to the body (not typically worn with layers), pockets will typically have flaps over them, while blazer pockets are absent of said flap. a well constructed, tailored blazer is more versatile and will be your better bet.

higgs raises an interesting point. you should dress for the audience.

I don’t see too many blue bloods though, and Earth tones aren’t exactly popular on the street here. Interesting perspective nonetheless

I was trying to figure out when the last time I even heard of pleated pants and it was bugging me. Until it finally clicked. Anchorman!

Brown shoes are only acceptable if you’re irish. as in proper irish from the island of ireland, they love earth tones for whatever reason. or a door to door insurance salesman.

brown suits are a no no too, same with yellow shirts.