New 2010 CFA Charterholders' names to appear in Economist, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times...

I received an email stating that new CFA charterholders’ names will appear in The Economist on 2/26/11 and in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and The Globe and Mail on 2/28/11. There will also be a interactive website to be shared via LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitters. I like it.

They brought that back this year? Must be a bull market…

I received the same email, however, unlike yours - mine did not explicitly say, “the names will appear…” It did say, “Print advertisements will appear…” This could mean anything.

Yeah I don’t think there is any plan to print the names.

You are right. I didn’t read between the lines. It says “the names of all new 2010 charterholders are displayed on the (interactive) site…Print advertisements will appear in The Economist…” So how do you guys interpret this? Names on Economist/WSJ or no? kwmitch Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I received the same email, however, unlike yours - > mine did not explicitly say, “the names will > appear…” > > It did say, “Print advertisements will appear…” > > This could mean anything.

if anyome has taken the time to look at CFAI financials there is PLENTY of money for this also, if they want to build a globally recognized credential they need to do this

Here’s the interactive website. So cool. http://www.newcfa.org/

Not sure sleepybird. In my mind I’m thinking about how much space it would take to print 7,000+ names. Especially, in a publication like the Economist.

I want my name to appear in India’s Economic Times and I want them to work “golden showers” into the ad somehow.

Pretty disappointing that the names were not printed. They have enough money to take out a 2 page ad. Just goes to show how value has been marginalized.

Totally agree with Cutac…bit of a downer to see a 1-pager. A half hearted measure.

Cutac, I don’t have paper version of WSJ. Did you see the advertisement? In which section? I wasn’t able to find any online advertisement on economist.com or Bloomberg.com either. Anyone seen those? cutac Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Pretty disappointing that the names were not > printed. They have enough money to take out a 2 > page ad. Just goes to show how value has been > marginalized.

it’s on page 5 of first section WSJ paper edition. It’s not even a full page ad, more like 3/4 page.

Shocking.

Interested to know if anyone shares the interactive website with employers (or should we)? If yes, how it is done (casual or official?). Thanks.

Terrible.

It is on Bloomberg.com now but it is simply a banner and once clicked,it will lead you to that newcfa.org website. Nothing fancy at all!!

Disappointed.

Yet the CEO makes close to 7 figures.

Actually it sort of makes sense this way. CFAI keeps telling its candidates not to be ostentatious with their credential. It would be somewhat hypocritical for them to then buy a multi-page ad in the WSJ and print all the names of new charterholders there. I doubt that money was a consideration at all.