New AF Board Member: Nominations Open to Saturday 19 Oct 2013

I also appreciate the repeated support, but I do not think I would be a good moderator. For what it’s worth, I think many other AF people will be able to serve this capacity well. There are many quality people here who might not post as frequently, but who have great ideas about how to manage and build the AF community. I also think bchad is doing a good job, and I hope that he is not too put off by the occassional criticism of forum policy. This is unavoidable wherever you go.

Sorry my dude, you hare the sterotypical Irish lad; you drink heavily and use your wife as a scape goat in all occasions.

^ I gave up serious drinking long ago.

numi or s2000 would be good additions. If I remember correctly, JDV was on the original board. I didn’t realize he stepped down. I guess he’s gone for good.

Pour one out for your homies

Ahh yes, my memory has let me down. It was a dark, dreary night, the kind of night only experienced with the likes of Siberia. The days have shifted in favor of darkness and today was no exception. You left the office hung over from an inordinate amount of work, chaotic co-workers, and a never ending critiquing boss. Ahh, but there was your coping remedy, your light in the dark tunnel, the savior of all that is bad, this poison had many names and have disturbed many people alike, you called it Brandy. Concatenated with a mixture of grain, coffee and sweet ol’ Brandy, you fought the devils within the office and left victoriously to your princess. Upon stepping into the bedroom, your eyes gaze on cfavmba finishing and then they saw RED. The room embarks a transformation from ornate, decorate, almost perfect styling to a color that is only given justice when seen through your possessed eyes. You lost two loves that day, one of which was Brandy.

Say what. Reread the above post and I actually really like your creative writing style. Do you have any blog posts or short stories we can read?

hacksaw, bigaystudbuff

Too bad Eskimo isn’t eligible. He hasn’t been around long enough. He might have been a good choice.

Him and PierreWoodman_fan.

Thanks for the kudos. There are times when the criticism is irritating, but I recognize that it just comes wi the territory. Some of the challenge is that it is difficult to know whether one is doing a good job or not and sometimes the rest of life just gets busy.

It’s a shame that you aren’t up for being a member, as I think your input is both useful and evenhanded.

I do think we may end up having moderators who aren’t board members in the future, since policy development isn’t necessarily the same skill as policy implementation, but that is not an issue that we want to approach until we have put together reconstituted board.

I nominate Itera. May he rule the forum with a rusty hacksaw and a brass sack.

The Bungie forums (Black Swan would know about Bungie) had a policy of never promoting anyone to mod that actually wanted the position. As a general rule of thumb, anyone that wants to be a mod will make a terrible mod.

I’m firmly of the same belief.

I agree with CvM. Itera may be coarse and intransigent in his “Top-2 or hacksaw” stance, but he might be a good moderator. He’s never overtly profane, and is certainly less argumentative than certain other previous moderators.

And he seems like he’d be a good boardmember, too, since he does seem to have a pretty good head on his shoulders.

I don’t think I’m active enough to really be a mod, and I also value my anonymity as it allows me to post investment related content without fear of reprisals from compliance. According to them, if people on the board know my identity then anything I say can be contrued as “advice” from my company.

I’d say whoever thinks they can really spend some time on it and is not a jackass (high bar, to be sure) should self nominate.

How do they handle you being married? :wink:

thanks greenman, I’ll be a mod if formally requested. Yea I may be blunt at times, but that’s pretty realistic to how it is in the industry.

Oh… for some reason itera slipped my mind - subconsciously felt he was already on the board. I change my vote:

itera all the way.

And yes, you are very blunt.

1.S2000

2.Itera

3.Numi

I just hope the board is diverse, racially speaking.

qqqbee

Bigwilly