Newcomers

Boom! Feels great to make it to the L3 forum…as nerdy as that sounds.

He hates asians.

I think some asian spanked him lolz

First post in L3 forum. I’m starting to hate the righteous hacksaw already…should be the righteous asshole

Woot Woot!!

Who are the 5%?

Who is here without any fails so far?

The Asians will oneday rule the world…righteous, get used to them! They may soon be responsible for your next pay check!!

Haven’t failed yet but I think 2 was close

Get any <=50?

Hello everyone! I for one am not looking forward to start studying for level III, I am enjoying my life too much right now. No fails so far and I do have a job in finance.

Also, I already hate Righteous. I hope you failed miserably you douchebag… I am sure you could care less because you already have a job in finance, correct?

Welcome on board Level II Conquerors!

It gives me great pleasure to extend a grand welcome to the hallowed board of Level III to those of you that have survived the massacre that is Level II.

Now that we’ve dispensed with the formalities, stop wasting our bloody time and get started reading Level III !

Yea, Quant and Alt. Deriv, Ethics, FI & Port MGT 51-70. FRA, Equity, Econ &Corp Finance >70.

Congrats and welcome on board!

I am a newbie to AF, but i sensed nobody likes Righteous?

Congrats to all of those who just passed level 2, now the real fun begins!

Righteous fool has confirmed the stereotype of people posting from Djibouti being ignorant idiots…congratulations bruv. L2 is slain, L3 is next…let’s play!

Hi all, just completed the celebratory change in my profile to indicate Level 3 candidacy (which, actually, I will do tomorrrow officially). Look forward to get the texts/ebooks soon and then put off cracking them open until January, at which point I start to panic… and so on.

Also no fails so far (Dec12 L1, Jun13 L2), but they tell me L3 is the hardest. I have been told to start exercising my handwriting. I am self-employed in finance (outside portfolio manager to wealthy individuals, a couple of family investment offices, small hedge fund-type clients). This last test was nice, because I was able to dedicate at least 500 hours (easily) in about 4 months. I fear the L3 will be tough as I may have taken on more than I can chew on the business side (nice problem to have, etc).

my first post here in L3.

slept last night with a big smile on my face.

congratulations to everyone as well.

hoping to talk and share problems and solutions with everyone here…

I hope you pass, Tom Clark. I hope everyone here passes.

Hello All, Sooo glad to be here. Didn’t expect to pass, so i screamed like tarzan when i saw email excerpt saying congratulations. weeewwww… i was band 11 so to speak (derivative <50, equity>70, Economics > 70, the rest were in the middle) Enrolling tomorrow for level 3. After taking Dec. 2012 L1 and June for L2, my husband will have to bear with me again until (hopefully only) June 2014. So, which prep providers are the best? or should we just skip preppers and focus on CFAI books? I used a combi of Elan and Schweser for the first two

I really think level 2 is the hurdle. Level 3 is tough, but if you don’t get it right the first time you almost certainly will the 2nd time. The curriculum is way less volumous, but yes, it is a bit of a crap shoot for what they will test and how. Memorising formulas will get you at most a few questions.